What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 76 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-10-2009
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 36 Times in 22 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG811 View Post
I'm waiting for the mounting plate to dry on mine right now,....I stuck my hand under and could only feel one more breather hose,....so I only drilled in one extra mounting hole ?
I assumed it was transfer and not the box ??
If you've got a manual JAG, then you've only got the transfer case breather to worry about as the manual breathes through the shifter opening. The auto has a short breather off of the passenger side of the tranny.
Old 20-10-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJ View Post
If you've got a manual JAG, then you've only got the transfer case breather to worry about as the manual breathes through the shifter opening. The auto has a short breather off of the passenger side of the tranny.
Yeah mate, spot on !!
I think I put my back out checking,.... it's late enthusiasm is diminishing quickly,.....
I'll give the paint 20 more minutes and finish her off.....

4865GANG
Old 21-10-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalani View Post
Id be carefull about placing the breather inside your JK - ive heard of fluid heating up and spilling inside the vehicle, makes a good mess....

remember your transfer case and trans breathers too..
Thanks for that.
Yea i was told yesterday about that.
Will check them out on the weekend.
Have you extended all of yours?
I spoke with ARB, Dandenong and he came out and showed me where my
diff breathers were. He was very helpfull but never mentioned the other two.
Old 21-10-2009
ShortBlack
Visitor

Derick You'll get Oil Smells too Especially if your using Synthetic Oil, has a strong Odor compaired to Mineral Oil.

I just fitted my Rear Diff Breather complete with Ryco Fuel Filter right up the Top inside the Rear Right Tail Light Quarter Panel Cavity, no need to bring it up through that grommet. (you will notice the Ryco Filter i chose has a Right Angle Hose Barb fitting at one end which is at the top i.e. the open end)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_13.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	36297   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_17.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	36298   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	36299   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_18.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	36300  

Last edited by ShortBlack; 21-10-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 21-10-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALS-JK View Post
Derick You'll get Oil Smells too Especially if your using Synthetic Oil, has a strong Odor compaired to Mineral Oil.

I just fitted my Rear Diff Breather complete with Ryco Fuel Filter right up the Top inside the Rear Right Tail Light Quarter Panel Cavity, no need to bring it up through that grommet. (you will notice the Ryco Filter i chose has a Right Angle Hose Barb fitting at one end which is at the top i.e. the open end)
Thanks for your advise.
I intended in buying a filter, but the only one they had was $19.00 and i thought that was too expensive.
Will look around for the Ryco.
I notice that you had your compressor in there as well.
Are you worried about water?
Old 21-10-2009
ShortBlack
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derick View Post
I notice that you had your compressor in there as well.
Are you worried about water?
Not really, the only signs of water in there is right down the bottom where that foam pad sits, the top hight is about where it would sit if i put it under the bonnet anyhow, its very clean and cool in there too as opposed to the egine bay.

Also the Inlet Filter on the compressor that you can see in the pic i am going to relocate straight up into the back cago area, that way it wont have any chance of water or mud getting into it and it wont be pumping hot air while in use reducing its efficiency (obviously it will get a little heat in there after pumping up 4 x 35" tyres!) also it puts the filter in an easilly accessible spot for cleaning or replacment.

Last edited by ShortBlack; 21-10-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 21-10-2009
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yom View Post
I purchased some of these for my JK:

http://www.mysmoothlegs.com/men/?country=AU&a=M1
does that help getting in and out of the Jk or somthing?? haha smooth legs.
Post New Thread  Reply