What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 77 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-10-2009
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Replaced the winch cut-out panel on TJM bar and mounted control box on top. Had to cut a hole to access cable release lever. Didn't really like the thought of winch exposed to the elements and prying eyes . Also found a temporary place for the HiLift jack.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080774.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	36302   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080779.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	170.0 KB
ID:	36303  
Old 21-10-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 14 Times in 6 Posts

Got some decals from the states (eBay). Not a mod, but its something.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P1080781.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	36304   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080782.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	36305   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1080786.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	167.8 KB
ID:	36306  
Old 22-10-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALS-JK View Post
Not really, the only signs of water in there is right down the bottom where that foam pad sits, the top hight is about where it would sit if i put it under the bonnet anyhow, its very clean and cool in there too as opposed to the egine bay.

Also the Inlet Filter on the compressor that you can see in the pic i am going to relocate straight up into the back cago area, that way it wont have any chance of water or mud getting into it and it wont be pumping hot air while in use reducing its efficiency (obviously it will get a little heat in there after pumping up 4 x 35" tyres!) also it puts the filter in an easilly accessible spot for cleaning or replacment.
You are right about the height.
I like the idea of putting the compressor behind the taillight and was planning
on doing this my self.
I saw it on the forum not sure if it was this one or another.
Could of been your maybe.
I ended up putting it inside the pannel which supports my new draw system which is nearly completed.
Hope it is not to loud in there as i haven't finished wiring it up yet.
Old 22-10-2009
ShortBlack
Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derick View Post
I saw it on the forum not sure if it was this one or another.
Could of been your maybe.
It was me

I ended up putting it inside the pannel which supports my new draw system which is nearly completed.
Hope it is not to loud in there as i haven't finished wiring it up yet.
Its not loud at all were i put it, ARB put the Comp for the Wrangler under the Passenger Seat! i didn't like that idea, nor do i like it under the Bonnet. Also if it's mounted inside when the Soleniods Release (i.e. when you turn off your lockers, IF You Have Lockers?) you get that shot of air, it can give off the smell of Oil from the Diff.
Also i might scratch that idea of bringing the Air Intake Filter up into the Cab. I was just looking at my own pics again and remembered there is a gap in the Panel work at the top right next to the Inlet Filter, Mud cant get in as its covered by the Flare Mud Guard but Air can. If i brough the Inlet into the Cab then it might bring noise with it! I'll leave it as is for now unless some problem occurs?

post 39
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=86444

post 322
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...=85505&page=13

Last edited by ShortBlack; 22-10-2009 at 11:00 AM.
Old 22-10-2009
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Taskmaster that is a brillant way to cover the winch in the TJM bar think I may have to borrow that idea when i install a winch

did you use the original plate and mod it ?

Very nice clean work.
Old 22-10-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MALS-JK View Post
Also i might scratch that idea of bringing the Air Intake Filter up into the Cab. I was just looking at my own pics again and remembered there is a gap in the Panel work at the top right next to the Inlet Filter, Mud cant get in as its covered by the Flare Mud Guard but Air can. If i brough the Inlet into the Cab then it might bring noise with it! I'll leave it as is for now unless some problem occurs?

post 39
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=86444

post 322
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...=85505&page=13
I leave mine where it is at the moment and hope that there is no problems.
But if there is i will relocate it outside.
At the moment too busy preparing Jk for next weekend.
Long trip planed and still lots of things to do.
Thanks for all your advise, Much appreciated.
Old 22-10-2009
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default My new draw part 3

Cant beleive how long this is taken but starting to take shape.
Added the checkerplate sides and bearings for the draw.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Draw System 3 (2).jpg
Views:	143
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	36333   Click image for larger version

Name:	Draw System 3.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	36334