WK2 Bullbar - When ARB? - Page 8 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2012
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks Scarps, here's hoping someone can develop something that works with ACC.

I think the FJ Cruiser came out overseas a few years before here from memory. Could explain the quickness of the aftermarket in supporting it. Who knows?

May be worthwhile publishing some quoted Jeep GC sales figures on here to help out? Can't remember which one but I think one of the 4wd mags has this info.
Old 10-08-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

the fj has been around in the usa for a while now.......

but still...... arb caters for th yank market...... start including the most common yank 4wd
Old 10-08-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts

Interesting news, just been advised that ECB are going to have their WK2 Grand Cherokee Bullbar on display at their trade stand at the Melbourne 4X4/Fishing/Camping show. I initially thought to not post this just in case it gave their competition an advantage, but then I realised, what advantage?
If you haven't got one to show, then you haven't got any advantage.

Congrat's to ECB for putting their commitment to Jeep on show - literally.

2012 WK2 GC Laredo Diesel with all the goods I can find.
Old 10-08-2012
asp_777
Visitor

It's not just the Australian Market but the overseas one.
That's why they have a 2nd manufacturing outlet in Singapore (I think), Surely the USA Jeep market is huge, though I doubt the requirements for bull bars is high there, though not really sure. They (ARB) are just not into Jeeps. Face it.
On two occasions, I met two different senior ARB managers and when I mentioned in a business meeting that I owned a Jeep (did not say which model) they laughed and said - how they have a bad reputation, unreliable etc etc. To say I was shocked is an understatement and it's why I would never choose to deal with ARB again, even if they had the only accessory on the market...
Old 10-08-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

exactly...... arb doesnt care for jeeps...... even though the yanks rave on and on about how good ome stuf is..... they stopped caring for jeeps when they didnt release a tire carrier on the jk bar from the start........arb... when will you cater for the jeepers properly!!

they are focussed on the patrols and cruiser market... which is fine, but when jeeps start leaving arb in numbers (here and abroad) the ship will have sailed.......
Old 12-08-2012
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts

Just reading Issue 7, Action and Adventure magazine.
Article on page 134.
Ironic.

2012 WK2 GC Laredo Diesel with all the goods I can find.
Old 12-08-2012
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 86 Times in 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyAus View Post
Having recently ordered a new Overland which will be used predominantly as a tow vehicle for our Jayco Outback, I too am eagerly awaiting an ARB bull bar option. If not ARB, then at least something made from steel. Hopefully by the time my vehicle arrives (who knows when that may be, my dealer can't give me any indication), they'll have released something.

Perhaps because I've only just ordered my Jeep I don't have the same level of frustration as the rest of you (yet) but as a retail small business owner, I can also appreciate the demand argument. I'm sure a percentage of us will use our Jeeps offroad or for touring duties but the reality is the majority of Grand Cherokees probably won't ever be put in low range (which is a shame given their ability). I think the fact that many other major 4wd companies don't have Grand Cherokee bull bars yet either says something for the perceived demand. Hell, even Jeep don't think there's enough demand to offer us a factory alternative, which would be my preferred option.

Congratulations to YankeeDave for offering to build a steel bar for us. Unfortunately, as much as I'd prefer to support the 'little guy' (I am one too after all), with a young family safety is a major factor for me and unless these bars are crash tested, how can airbag compatibility be guaranteed? Maybe you do Dave? I'm just asking the question.

As for the Toyota/Nissan argument, well, can we honestly say that we don't think these out sell Jeep products by about 50:1?

Anyway, here's hoping Sam can try and push our point at head office and there's something available sooner rather than later.
I send all my ADR compliant bars through crash testing. Cost a bit of money for a little guy like me, but it's what needs to be done to properly sell bars here in Australia.

I have mates at ARB and been through the factory twice. They have a much larger factory in Thailand where most of their gear is made. And the US is their biggest market. ARB is a public company and turns over 250 million a year with 900+ employees. Seems like operations only exist in Australia as this is where all the prototyping happens. They manufacture here only really to support the local market. Most of their gear comes cheap out of Thailand. Good stuff though. I've always admired their gear, just not the price tag. Sad they dont support jeeps to well though.

Any Idea why no bull bar with ACC??
Post New Thread  Reply