SO, the JK is...... - Page 8 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2010
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredtj View Post
dont you want to be one of my minions rod
Thankyou for the offer Bigred, unfortunately I'm unable to accept at this point in time...........
Old 06-03-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richo View Post
Define 'hardcore'? 33's and 2" lift and a winch is hardcore and only for people with phallic deficiencies if you believe some JK owners/tourers who posted recently.....

So what if a softroad JK'er posted on the hardcore section? 2 posts and banned?

Understand where you're coming from though, just dont know if it would work.
From what I've seen of Pirate if someone oversteps the mark a possee is rounded up and the guy is taken out, after posting his address, personal details, you name it. How would that go here?
Maybe a forum for "stock" discussions and another for "customised"? It'd increase the moderator's workload in having to arbitrate and move threads all the time I guess, so maybe the split forums isn't the best idea.

I've been involved in a non-jeep hobby that used an online forum to assist with part purchasing, custom fabrication via group buy ins, how-to stuff, and member to member sales. It had been around for five years before there was the first lawsuit between members, another year or so before someone's house was torched. Members formed real life posses, created break away forums, and organised physical assaults on others. They called the workplaces of members and hassled them there. They hacked the online forum and posted under other members names. They called crime stoppers and reported members for sickening crimes they didn't commit. Yet the whole thing centred around a petty little hobby.

We shouldn't lose sight of the fact that we're all jeepers. We're here for a reason- we're passionate about our jeeps. Without that passion we wouldn't have this board- which everyone has to agree is a pretty bloody good place to hang out- but more importantly, without this passion we wouldn't have a jeep brand to enjoy.
Old 07-03-2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello all,

I am a relative newbie who has lurked online for a long time. I lurk because I have other passions and occupations than my Jeep but this forum has provided good value to learn about new things/mods I have undertaken.

In response to the OP, Yes, the flavour of the JK subforum has been distasteful of late. I have never seen so much whining but it is the banal chest beating that turns me off the most. The yank sites (I lurk there too) have a lot more of the same problems but you dont see the septics crying into their lattes or forming gangs on their site. So wassup with the guys over here? CMON! I do believe though that the recent online disflavour of our site is a result of the minority being more outspoken online, than a trend in the users of the site.

I really love my car (CRD 2 door soft top). I have never had one so versatile: it can take me to work with low fuel consumption, be a convertible, tow landscaping supplies or our campervan, and take my family to the most beautiful places (Stradbroke, Fraser) that we are so lucky to have access to. We plan to join a long tag-along tour this year. This site has provided good advice on some issues (eg diesel slow fill) and I was happily surprised at how responsive the stealership was. I love its unconservative non-compromising style. At 2/3 the relative price I expect a bit more plastic but it is the functional ruggedness that appeals to me.

I might not come close to using the full potential of my own Jeep but I know you all understand the joy it provides. I plan to join some local club runs to hopefully share some good company and learn how/where to get some more fun from my car. So, can the value-adding AJOR members keep on doing so, and maybe the administrators can delete some more of the pointless thumb-jabbing posts so I dont have to ignore them.

See you out there!
Old 07-03-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Dunno wtf ure all on about ..had my JK close to 3 yrs no issues...stop web wheeling and go hit a trail...

All things being equal, the JK is better than the TJ...

KSK

"Let your pistons do the Torquing"

Last edited by ksk; 07-03-2010 at 07:51 AM.
Old 07-03-2010
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

is there any real evidence on the rate of build faults (warranty claims) in the JK being any higher than previous and current other jeep models?

if the answer is yes -than im stuck with the XJ
if no - a 4dr rubi is looking sweeter

a jeep is a jeep. there is no substitute.
Old 07-03-2010
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 121 Times in 64 Posts

dan 4 door rubi with slightly larger tyres ,really does all that most could want in my eyes ,wish they existed when i bought my xj new 10 years ago ,although ive had 10 years of mostly trouble free wheeling ,barring broken diffs (abuse) and wear and tear.
Old 07-03-2010
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
Hello all,

I am a relative newbie who has lurked online for a long time. I lurk because I have other passions and occupations than my Jeep but this forum has provided good value to learn about new things/mods I have undertaken.

In response to the OP, Yes, the flavour of the JK subforum has been distasteful of late. I have never seen so much whining but it is the banal chest beating that turns me off the most. The yank sites (I lurk there too) have a lot more of the same problems but you dont see the septics crying into their lattes or forming gangs on their site. So wassup with the guys over here? CMON! I do believe though that the recent online disflavour of our site is a result of the minority being more outspoken online, than a trend in the users of the site.

I really love my car (CRD 2 door soft top). I have never had one so versatile: it can take me to work with low fuel consumption, be a convertible, tow landscaping supplies or our campervan, and take my family to the most beautiful places (Stradbroke, Fraser) that we are so lucky to have access to. We plan to join a long tag-along tour this year. This site has provided good advice on some issues (eg diesel slow fill) and I was happily surprised at how responsive the stealership was. I love its unconservative non-compromising style. At 2/3 the relative price I expect a bit more plastic but it is the functional ruggedness that appeals to me.

I might not come close to using the full potential of my own Jeep but I know you all understand the joy it provides. I plan to join some local club runs to hopefully share some good company and learn how/where to get some more fun from my car. So, can the value-adding AJOR members keep on doing so, and maybe the administrators can delete some more of the pointless thumb-jabbing posts so I dont have to ignore them.

See you out there!
Well said Funbags....totally summed up my feelings here.

I love this site for the information, both when I first purchased and post for the fine tuning I was looking for. Lately it has degraded to 10% information and 90% chest beating and slagging matches.

I was tuning in less and less due to lack of constructive information or even enjoyable social banter....it was all pissing, moaning and sledging.

This is the only forum where shit-stirrers are tolerated and this, im my opinon has caused the loss of value content. I hope the moderators can clean this up, I love my Jeep and I love reading and sharing ideas, mods and experiences.

All the best

Matt.