Big brake package - Page 8 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > General Jeep Chat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-06-2006
LokRinger

Liked 1,768 Times in 560 Posts

Just want to make a point clear too guys as some have asked why the big difference between the same painted or polished. The reason is that only the polished are surplus calipers where as the painted and the calipers for the big rotor kits are brand new and have never been installed ( as are all the rotors and pads brand new ). The surplus calipers have done maybe 2-3 kilometres as the car is driven off the assembly line and onto a car carrier and then off again just down the road at Ford Performance Vehicles or FPV. Here the calipers are once again removed and actually fitted with the 330 rotors and matching calipers the same as the big rotor kit available. So the surplus may have some marks on the back of the caliper where it has not been polished afterwards.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 03-07-2006
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Just received my kit from the courier. Very professional looking kit. The disks and especially the calipers are huge.... makes the stock XJ stuff look tiny in comparision. Cant wait to get it bolted up

Cheers
Steve
Old 03-07-2006
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

cool, look forward to hearing your feedback once tested.
Old 03-07-2006
So play on just play on

Unpacked and checked they fit in one of my spare 15's.

Pretty too That can is a 400g can, so a biggie.

They're close but the guys did a good job.

Cheers
Steve
Old 07-07-2006
So play on just play on

Put half of it on this evening, the passengerside caliper need about 1/2mm more linishing as it was rubbing on the wheel over an are of about 1cm, easily fixed. I also needed to use the dremel on my stock hub as there is a tiny lip that was stopping the rotor from sliding all the way on. This lip doesn't seem to be on aftermarket hubs, a couple of minutes and it was done Other than those minor issues the passenger side is now pretty much done, drivers side will be done tomorrow.

Cheers
Steve
Old 08-07-2006
So play on just play on

Finished Here's a few pics. Easy enough to do.

Showing the stock caliper down the bottom

The finished product with some bling, brake lines matching coils

And the mess in the garage while I did it.

Just need to bleed them and bed them in

Cheers
Steve
Old 08-07-2006
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 20 Times in 17 Posts

Nice shots Steve.

Might pay to swap those rotors over to the correct sides before you bolt the wheels on.

David