Ormeau: Closed. - Page 8 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > LOCATIONS | EVENTS | TRIPS > Organise a Trip in your state > Queensland
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-04-2010
TerraFlexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozab View Post
BOTTOM LINE IS YOU HAVE TO STOP THE IDIOTS...

This is man kinds second oldest problem....

The first is finding the hole....

"Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!"
2 Door Red Rock Renegade.
Old 13-04-2010
Banned

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashed067 View Post
And please explain how your rambling gutter mouth contributes to this thread Jeepology ........ even tho kit is an epic turd talker he has made a few points to think about.

All you have done is backup peoples perceived thoughts about "mates" wheeling together, their associated unofficial club names, and the web wheeling they tend to do more often than real wheeling. It seems to be an all to common trend, shite talking and name calling, where do you get off?. I would suggest pulling your head out of your arse, if you have something of worth to contribute than do so ..... if not keep you head in its for-mentioned position and shut your mouth.

web wheeler? not sure about that.....it's funny coming from a person willing to fly down to join us on a trip?

the boys put a lot of effort into the 2009 season to get some fantastic pics and vids on this site so all can enjoy - in fact this wheeling passion has lead to one of the most popular threads in ajor history. In fact there are probabaly over 300 pretty cool pics on there

to organise at least 10-15 pretty full on trips and an interstate guest weekend is not easy wheeling at the intensity ******** do

as far as im concerned we have earned our keep and will continue to throughout 2010

Last edited by kitrino_tj; 13-04-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 13-04-2010
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozab View Post
Like i said IOOI

It only takes a small amount of people to do it. Did i point fingers directly?? Why dont you go take a look one weekend it wont even make you laugh you will look in amazement at the shirtless dudes with no shoes trying to push and tow each other out while there other mates in other cars try and spray them with mud at the same time as nearly cleaning up the whole group of them.. Imagine what all the people are thinking that use that road including famalies, government workers, polititions, cops, greenies, All the people that have a say in the world. You may not care but i dont want people thinkin im one of them every time they see me in my 4wd. But thats what they see they dont see the little groups off camping for the weekend doin good serious harmless 4wding way out in the bush (which is where i and many others prefer)

BOTTOM LINE IS YOU HAVE TO STOP THE IDIOTS...

A. It's OIIIO.
B. I didn't say you pointed fingers directly at anyone.
C. I'm out there more than you, so no need to go and have a look.
D. I imagine that they think those guys are wankers too.
E. Why would I care what people think of me?. If you don't go wheelin
with no shirt or cut circles in the pine forest access roads, how would people think you are like them?
F. Why do I have to stop them?.. What are you doing?
G. I "get" what you're trying to say, just don't generalise and assume everyone who has some mud on their 4WD, or doesn't wear a shirt or god forbid has a Bundy Rum sticker on their rig is a no hopper bum with a defective car 4wd and is beneath you!
H. No I don't drive around with no shirt or have a Bundy Rum sticker on my Jeeps(s).
I. I don't know any more of the alphabet... so... that's it.

J. It's fricken OIIIO
Old 28-04-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Ok poofs an update from someone who decided to do some more digging (I was happy to just not go there again).

Quote:
Had a long chat to the manager of the quarry.

He's a nice bloke and he took the time to explain exactly what is going on which was good of him.

The situation is this:

The quarry owns 90% of the land we have been driving on. There is NO crown land in there at all other than Shaws Pocket Rd (ring Road) owned by the main Roads Dept.

Up Cliff Barons Rd where it turns to a dirt track they own both sides down the ridge. This land is zoned as a "key resource" by the government and is to be a quarry site in the future. This land has been owned for many, many years by the quarry. In the past they did not care that this area was being used by 4wds and motorbikes as there were very few doing so and as a result there was minimal impact.

There are properties further down the watercourse that are owned by private individuals that have lived there for 4 generations in some cases. Their dams etc. have silted up due to sediment run off from the virgin land owned by the quarry. This run off has been directly attributed to water flowing down washed out dirt tracks into the creek. (these are the tracks we love because they are fun) These tracks number in the dozens. The private landowners have met the council and complained about the environmental damage which is now impacting on their properties. There is also the added problem of endangered species living in this watercourse being destroyed.

The council has sent a strongly worded letter to the quarry informing them that the quarry is responsible for the environmental impact that their misused property is causing downstream and have politely reminded them that the quarry is bound by land use legislation that they must rectify the situation immediately or face the possibility of losing the right to use the land in the future. (remember this is a multi million dollar asset)

Apparently the EPA is looking to raise funds thru government to do an environmental study in this area as it is now at the point of decimation...

Obviously the quarry is in a very tight spot on this and simply cannot afford to let us on their land anymore as they have far too much to lose and their responsibility to the environment is right under the spotlight.

Basically, we can drive the ring road but any tracks off this are going directly onto private land owned by the quarry. There are far too many people using this area now and we have basically loved it to death. On one weekend the security guys counted 60 vehicles in there. I know how much wheel spinning I do, so multiply that by 60 every weekend and I can see there may be a problem...

I said to the bloke this sounds like the beginning of the end and his response was "this is the end". He was sorry that it had come to this and he understands that we love the place but we have basically done our dash.

Make of this info what you all will.
Old 28-04-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 85 Times in 54 Posts

Ok poofs an update from someone who decided to do some more digging (I was happy to just not go there again).

Quote:
Had a long chat to the manager of the quarry.

He's a nice bloke and he took the time to explain exactly what is going on which was good of him.

The situation is this:

The quarry owns 90% of the land we have been driving on. There is NO crown land in there at all other than Shaws Pocket Rd (ring Road) owned by the main Roads Dept.

Up Cliff Barons Rd where it turns to a dirt track they own both sides down the ridge. This land is zoned as a "key resource" by the government and is to be a quarry site in the future. This land has been owned for many, many years by the quarry. In the past they did not care that this area was being used by 4wds and motorbikes as there were very few doing so and as a result there was minimal impact.

There are properties further down the watercourse that are owned by private individuals that have lived there for 4 generations in some cases. Their dams etc. have silted up due to sediment run off from the virgin land owned by the quarry. This run off has been directly attributed to water flowing down washed out dirt tracks into the creek. (these are the tracks we love because they are fun) These tracks number in the dozens. The private landowners have met the council and complained about the environmental damage which is now impacting on their properties. There is also the added problem of endangered species living in this watercourse being destroyed.

The council has sent a strongly worded letter to the quarry informing them that the quarry is responsible for the environmental impact that their misused property is causing downstream and have politely reminded them that the quarry is bound by land use legislation that they must rectify the situation immediately or face the possibility of losing the right to use the land in the future. (remember this is a multi million dollar asset)

Apparently the EPA is looking to raise funds thru government to do an environmental study in this area as it is now at the point of decimation...

Obviously the quarry is in a very tight spot on this and simply cannot afford to let us on their land anymore as they have far too much to lose and their responsibility to the environment is right under the spotlight.

Basically, we can drive the ring road but any tracks off this are going directly onto private land owned by the quarry. There are far too many people using this area now and we have basically loved it to death. On one weekend the security guys counted 60 vehicles in there. I know how much wheel spinning I do, so multiply that by 60 every weekend and I can see there may be a problem...

I said to the bloke this sounds like the beginning of the end and his response was "this is the end". He was sorry that it had come to this and he understands that we love the place but we have basically done our dash.

Make of this info what you all will.
Old 05-05-2010

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Oh well. All good things must come to an end.

lol@all of you arguing about it.
There are plenty of other places to go wheeling!
Old 05-05-2010
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80GGR View Post
There are plenty of other places to go wheeling!
Not too many nearby spots for the rocky stuff, at least that I know of...

With that said I think they are more than justified taking action to close the joint down.

Cheers,
B.