TJ: Aarons "thats gold" build - Page 80 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-05-2011
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here is another pic of the tierod in place. you can see the angle of the draglink.. The panhard will run on the same angle all the way to the other side of the diff, and sit next to the coilover. From the reading ive done on steering, it now should handle very well. (it better lol)

The links are cromo heim joints, 3/4, with 3/4 thread. The rod is solid 1 inch bar. I will be rubbing these back, and just spraying them with a clear coat. should look trick, same as inner fenders.

Old 20-05-2011
No Winching

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The other option i thought about for my steering, was to run it like dev had on his rig, with the tie rod on the lower holes, and the draglink on the highsteer arms

but this meant drilling the tapered fittings out (which dont suit 1 ton tres) and using 1/2 ton ones. (a guess-or stock tj ones)
it is a good set up, and would of aloud me to run the rig two inches lower easier. (but still would of been alot of work- as to lower my rig, keep the panhard and hydro bumps where i wanted them, it involved raising the coilover hoops up 2 inches.
Note (devs draglink is sitting flat, but remember he is running 2 inch springs)

Lowering my rig with the highsteer setup as i have it now, would cause the steering box to hit the tierod under heavy compression, (ie washout or jump)

I also like the way the tierod is right up out of the way, the mount of times you see them get hit, running it nice and high should make for a reliable trail rig.

Either way, very stoked how much steering has turned out . makes it very easy for full hydro, and big front stretch later on

Last edited by Aaronsjeep; 20-05-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 20-05-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Back at lukeys I see....
Old 20-05-2011
No Winching

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadJK View Post
Back at lukeys I see....
been at lukeys for a while?

he is doing steering, hydro bumps for me
Old 20-05-2011
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

mustard steed of doom
Old 20-05-2011
No Winching

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenttj View Post
mustard steed of doom
hahaha. yes you are correct
Old 05-06-2011
No Winching

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

MSOD is about done. finnished all the painting this weekend. gave it a wash. Rey wired up all the rock lights, neated up the crappy cables ive got running everywhere. Still alot of wiring to do, with battery isolator, winch incab controller, and isolator, blinkers and finnish rock lights. Plus rear work/reverse light, and front LEDs. but we are getting there.

Heres a few updated pics. as shes almost done

[IMG]Sitting next to reys JK. 3.5 inch lift, 37s. good comparison for height with bar work on. [/IMG]

[IMG] [/IMG]
Post New Thread  Reply