E.G.R. Disconnect. - Page 9 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

The EGR function needs to be eliminated from the ECU, it can adaptive learn all it likes, it will just keep trying as thats what it's programmed to do.
Old 03-08-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCJK View Post
The EGR function needs to be eliminated from the ECU, it can adaptive learn all it likes, it will just keep trying as thats what it's programmed to do.
what does it learn that in turn affects the engine management?? all this learning stuff sounds a bit out of reality to me. my understanding was once a new ecu with software connected inside & powered up, it'd just go & register all the devices along CAN bus i.e. sensors, solenoids, motors, pump etc. it'd also log engine events and fault diagnostics. it'd also log past values for averaging MPG display on the dash. but to control engine parameters based on how and when i accelerate, steer and brake seems a lot of super duper crap !!!

MCJK, what's your opinion on how many kms will this engine live for, with EGR and 10ppm sulphur diesel? How soon you’d expect the engine intake and the rest to clog up due to EGR and CCV oil in the intake manifold?
Old 04-08-2009
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

OK, tried it!

My first impressions are:

- Engine smoother
- More power at low rpm
- About 1,5 ltr/100km less fuel consumption (@ 120 Km/h motorway - 70 km trip)
- The resonate between 1500-2200 rpm almost disappear (see my post: http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...ad.php?t=86531)

Scangauge II reads:

- Air intake dropped by 20ºC (usually i get 40ºC above outside air temp, now no more than 20-25)
- Max Turbo pressure at less rpm (1.5 Bar)

Love that mod ...but the big question is: "Will it damage my engine?". I saw a post from a guy that as the egr (Liberty 2.8 CRD or 2.5?) disconnected since 5 years ago, and no problems at all.

Another question for the experts: "If the egr is closed at hi rpm, why am I getting those air intake values at 120 km/h - 2500 rpm (I have 3.73 diff ratio and manual 6 spd)?"

Sorry about the bad English!

Miguel P.
Old 04-08-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

thanks miguel. that supports what i experience, what a mate of mine experiences and what research by the blokes in the U.S, are experiencing. they have even designed a bit of circuitry to shut the valve down without blocking it. all kinds of hoses and valves and stuff have been attached to engines of all types for years now, and disconnecting them has always resulted in an engine that runs much better and gets better fuel economy.
Old 04-08-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

your english is just fine
Old 04-08-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

mate as to the inlet temp. the temp is measured by the map sensor in the inlet manifold. after the mod there is no hot egr gas entering the manifold to heat the inlet air. there is egr gas entering the manifold at cruising speeds in a modern diesel. the only time there is no egr gas is if you working the engine hard or under load or accelerating. if cruising with an empty vehicle and a light throttle pressure there will be some egr gas entering the inlet manifold and raising the inlet air temp. this is part of the reason you get such an increase in fuel economy while cruising after the mod. you stop the egr gas, get a better burn and better fuel economy.
Old 04-08-2009
SwampDigger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

eugeJK if you don't want to use the mod, don't use it, please don't think i am trying to force you or anyone else to use it. but it has been a standard mod on diesel engines for years and has worked well. blokes in the states have been using it with success. a mate and i are usig it with success and as you can see Miguel P. in barcelona has now used it and given readings to show it works. the fact is that the engine sensors pick the change in manifold pressure due to the blocking of the egr gas and compensate for it as miguel has observed. you have a map sensor, a maf sensor and an air flow sensor and valve, as well as a vgt turbo with an electronic boost controller,which work in usnison through the ecu to control the air pressure in the inlet manifold and compenste for the lack of egr gas. this fact in theory and in practice on the road. but mate as i said i'm not trying to force anyone to use it. in fact if you do you will void your engine warranty. but it is there for anyone interested.
Post New Thread  Reply