snorkel comparo - Page 9 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-03-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperJ View Post
It sure is a rip off of AEV's snorkel. They are being advertised on ebay. It is a Malaysian company knocking them out. From my time in the air force and deploying over there I can tell you that they don't give a rats about copyright or patent protection. The E-bay sellers store has snorkels for jeep nissan and toymota. The pictures for the knockoff snorkel even have on of the earthroamer JKs sporting the AEV snorkel on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SNORK...Q5fAccessories
Ha ha you got it JasperJ... i knew it would not take long.
Old 07-04-2010
DetroitDemon

Liked 24 Times in 17 Posts

well in the end i decided to go TJM, i considered the AEV as everyone seems to rave about it but couldnt get past the looks and safari seemed to have got a bad rap so TJM it was. Plus i get a good deal as they sponsor our club.
$396 supplied was the quote i was given so hopefully all fitted in next 2 weeks
Old 07-04-2010

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Have had an Air Tec fitted to my JK CRD today, plus other bits at TJM Bundaberg.

AAAA for the TJM guys in getting it all done in a day (included the other bits), will shop there again.

On first drive home, lower revs (1000-2000) can be heard, exhast I think ... fix is to turn radio on .... above 2000 rpm no noise.

Well done TJM, other parts fitted were nice too, 2" lift, ARB bar, winch, and 2 x X-ray spots

Odd, my wife said tonight, kinda cool looking,

I'll go with that

MD

Last edited by Mad_Dad; 07-04-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 08-04-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Here it is Ladies and Gents.

The ebay shortcut has already been posted earlier but if you want them direct email
Wiahon at Munlee Autos he's a good guy and speaks ok english too. The web address is www.munleeautos.com

As far as prices go this is the deal i got.
Snorkel= $170usd
Frieght to my door in Rockhampton=$40usd (this will vary on your location and it only took 7-10 days)
Permatex sensor safe black silicon p/n #82120=$16aus (supercheap and i only needed one tube and at idle my snorkel will hold a peice of paper at the ram so it is air tight)

Total is $260-$280 Australian dollars. You can get the fitting instuctions from A Extremely Valueable website just like i did.

Good luck, happy Jeeping and like i said earlier not trying to rip anyone off just trying to help you all out and save you a few bucks.
Old 08-04-2010
RubiconSlammer

Liked 18 Times in 8 Posts

Gusto, did it bring the bonnet trim and all other hardware too?
Old 08-04-2010
AJOR Silver

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

As soon as id seen the link before i ordered it, hopefully will be here in another week. Cant wait to cut more holes in the jeep.
Old 08-04-2010
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallyd View Post
Gusto, did it bring the bonnet trim and all other hardware too?
Hey Wallyd,

Yeah mate all included hose clamp, ram, pop rivots and snorkel. The only you will need is a small piece of 6mm ID rubber hose that slips over the aerial and wedges into the snorkel to stop the aerial hitting the snorkel during driving. I used a bit of soft wall hose that i knocked off but if you go to any hose shop like Pirtek or supercheap you'll get it for $2-$5 and you'll need it about 100mm long.