December rant. Ho Ho dont you just hate the silly season - Page 9 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 17-12-2013
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 6,589 Times in 4,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygubbin View Post
yerr I figured that . If it didn't advance I may have identified the issue. Alas I am stuck with a Jeep that is low on power. Looks like I will have to look at some mods to increase the HP, eg extractors and 99 manifold. After that if I still have low power I will get a programmable ECU and have it dyno tuned.

Regards A
If the ignition is ok, there are 3 things that will cause low power;
1 lack of fuel.
2 lack of air flow.
3 lack of compression.

If it was compression you would have bad blowby or rough idle (blown head gasket)
You fixed the air flow by unblocking the cat.
It would be unusual to have a lack of both fuels at the same time. You havent crushed the fuel & LPG lines?
Old 17-12-2013
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
If the ignition is ok, there are 3 things that will cause low power;
1 lack of fuel.
2 lack of air flow.
3 lack of compression.

If it was compression you would have bad blowby or rough idle (blown head gasket)
You fixed the air flow by unblocking the cat.
It would be unusual to have a lack of both fuels at the same time. You havent crushed the fuel & LPG lines?
Will have a look at the fuel lines. Might have happened when the leaf spring bolt broke. Although its not running lean according to the scan tool.

Regards A
Old 17-12-2013
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Unhappy

Installed power leads from front to back under the plastic sill cover. Thought it would be fine as the main loom runs along there. Put one of the screws back & it went through the loom. Suddenly no central locking. Bugger ! Took screws out & all is working. now need to be more careful putting screws back.
Old 17-12-2013
MonsterMoose

Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
Installed power leads from front to back under the plastic sill cover. Thought it would be fine as the main loom runs along there. Put one of the screws back & it went through the loom. Suddenly no central locking. Bugger ! Took screws out & all is working. now need to be more careful putting screws back.
Shit I have like 4 extra cables running through mine. I am now surprised I have not put a screw through mine; especially since I have taken the scuff plates of over 10 times.

Regards A
Old 17-12-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Default December rant. Ho Ho dont you just hate the silly season

Can't believe it. Took my WK2 4WD'ing last weekend and did some pretty narly tracks at the back of Lake Eildon. No damage sustained.

Driving home from Melbourne Airport tonight, a mother of all Kangaroos decides to body slam the side of my Jeep. No pics yet as it's dark out, but torch light investigation shows front drivers quarter panel stove in, and minor dents to the drivers door.

Good news is she missed any vital parts and rolled off the side of my Uneek4x4 winchbar with no damaged noted at this stage. Sorting out insurance the week before Xmas? Priceless.............

2012 WK2 GC Laredo Diesel with all the goods I can find.
Old 18-12-2013
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 28 Times in 20 Posts
Default December rant. Ho Ho dont you just hate the silly season

Not so bad in the daylight, but still disappointing

2012 WK2 GC Laredo Diesel with all the goods I can find.
Old 18-12-2013
Grumpy Old XJ Dsl Owner

Default Merry Christmas !!

Time to add a bit of decency to this thread!
You probably need a proper computer & sound for this link to work

http://www.ashland.edu/ecard/index.p...rdYear=2004adm