TJ: The Rubber Ducky Build - Page 9 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 29-04-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubberducky View Post
Yup! Works really well, highly recommend
Damn, more things to buy

Mike
(Project Gimpy)
1983 Acmat TPK4-20-SM
1965 M63 Ural
1997 TJ Jeep Wrangler
Old 18-05-2015
Established Member

Liked 29 Times in 26 Posts

Couple of images from Gembrook the other day, was so slippery even the easiest uphills were near on impossible.

Old 18-05-2015
Established Member

Trying some new headlights out as the HIDs were blinding people, one of the lights was faulty but Sunyee took it back and replaced it easy as pie. The light output is pretty good, almost as good as the HIDs but much better cutoff. Hoping the design grows on me as I'm more of a fan of the classic 7" round look than the futuristic terminator look… but for now, pretty happy. will get a better pic later

Also some of my goodies have rocked up

Old 27-05-2015
Established Member

Couple of better pics of the front with the new lights, they certainly fit with the yellow and black theme

i also put the new springs and shocks in!

Good news: the 3" springs gave me over an inch of lift in each corner over the sagged 2" springs (plus 2" spacers in the front)

Bad news: the shocks are for 4" and they are too long… i have about an inch of movement before they bottom out. it took me an unnecessarily long time to install them thanks to some very poorly made shock extenders by Teraflex and looks like ill have to repeat the process
Old 09-09-2015
Established Member

So a few updates

Firstly, sold off the 4" bilstien shocks and bought the correct 3" ones, thankfully the grinding/filing/bending id already done on the tereflex shock extended mounts meant that this lot of shocks went straight in without a hitch. I also decided to spend some quality time perfecting bump stop lengths. I used a chopping board set from woolies and a hole saw to cut 5mm discs. cheaper and more finely tuneable than over the counter extenders, would recommend it to anybody! unfortunately the pack of chopping boards was an assortment of colours hence it looking like this:

Old 09-09-2015
Established Member

Secondly got myself a little shipment from the US a while back with some goodies!

-PS Hood Louvre
-Bestop moulded Floor mats
-Extended brake lines

Floor mats are super handy, can't believe I've gone this long without them! At first i was a bit sceptical about putting a big black vent on my hood that screams rice burner, was thinking i might colour match it to the jeep to make it a bit more subtle but in the end i got impatient and just wanted to put it on… Very happy with the result though, glad i kept it in black! Dont have any good pics of it really but here it is

Currently the brake lines are still waiting to go in. I also picked up a 2nd hand DC driveshaft for the SYE kit (FINALLY) but going to wait til the end of semester, when i have an abundance of time to install it. at the moment I've been lucky enough to not get any vibes really.
Old 09-09-2015
Established Member

So of course just as I was starting to get pretty satisfied with how my baby was set up, thats when disaster strikes. Some a-hole ransacked my jeep INSIDE MY BUILDINGS "SECURE" CARPARK. They didn't get too much big ticket stuff but just a heap of really annoying stuff. My UHF, my little tool kits with my torx sets which is just super annoying, my scanguage, they cut my reversing camera so now its no use to them or me! my gps, hitch receiver, shovel, snatch block and some other stuff. so that was a real bummer. silver lining is i can fix what wasn't perfect last time eg. I'll get a UHF with controls on the mic unit this time and a reversing camera with infrared
Think i might invest in an alarm unit too, looking at mongoose as its not ridiculously priced, anybody had experience with them?
Post New Thread  Reply