Do real jeeps have live axle front ends - Page 9 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Question Polls
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2008
TJ DRIVER

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Watch this vid and then tell me it ain't a real 4x4.... is that an IFS.....?
Quote:
Do real jeeps have live axle front ends?
doesn't say hummer there
Old 02-01-2008
pink bits r good

Location: i sometimes go to my own world, but it's ok they know me there
What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ Ash View Post
no afence but i use to be able to lift wheels like that on my old ford courier it just didnt have lockers to keep it moving doesnt make it a great 4wd
i think the bigest factor is the driver i have seen very ordanry 4wds do some amazing things given the right driver and i have seen highly modified vehicles that cant do much because of the limitations of there driver
dont get me wrong same driver different cars it will be the car dut the driver is a major factor
i bet i could get quite a few jeeps from carparks and put them and there drivers up against a person that drives a subaru on dirt and farms every day and i know which would do better (of course none of the mentioned jeep drivers would be interested in this forum)but i hope you get what i mean the car and driver make the 4wd not the front end in most cases

and i would still rather push my jeep than drive a hummer
they only call them a hummer because "over priced show pony peice of sh#t" doesnt fit on the tailgate

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!"
Old 02-01-2008
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Right On Tiny!!!
Old 02-01-2008
Time to tinker

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 448 Times in 233 Posts

Quote:
Shows absolutely nothing I couldn't drive our dead stock XJ over.....except it does show a wanker that can't stay on formed tracks and drives over small sapplings....
Old 02-01-2008
The Devils Own...

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooders View Post
except it does show a wanker that can't stay on formed tracks and drives over small sapplings....
Thats the first thing I noticed too...
Old 02-01-2008
Full Flexer

Liked 28 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9h94mxghVk
Yes thats an IFS, just shows how little articulation they have, it is a video produced by a traction company, they are trying to show off their lockers, how better to do that than with an IFS vehicle that never has 4 wheels in touch with mother earth.

Anything with big wheels, very high torque diesel and lockers will do that, good articulation would have made it safer, easier and less likely to destroy the forest, as 4 wheels driving will always be better than 2
Old 02-01-2008
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

I would be really embarrassed if that was my Video...... The second that thing looks at a rut it runs out of wheel travel and try's to tip it self...

And x3 Wanker's for driving over Vegetation!!!

LAME!!!!!!!!