JK Wrangler 2 Door Homemade Drawer System - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > MARKET PLACE > 4~SALE > Accessories & Parts
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 15-03-2015
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default JK Wrangler 2 Door Homemade Drawer System

Asking Price: $750
Condition: Used (excellent condition)
For Sale: JK WRANGLER 2 DOOR HARDTOP HOMEMADE DRAWER SYSTEM

I'm asking $750, pick-up only from Sydney's Sutherland Shire. Please PM if interested. I'm happy to send through more details and photos if needed. I've sold my Jeep, so the drawers need to go too. I built them for a SA road trip, which they handled without fault. They were only installed for 6 months or less.

The drawers are made from 12mm plywood all round, joined by liquid nails and screws and covered by automotive carpet. Both drawers uses quality Ovesco rail runners with locking slides, rated to 125kg carrying capacity per drawer. The drawers are designed so they can be extended out with just the Jeep's tailgate open (not glass). Above the drawers are two open shelves which were perfect for me to store a fold-out camp table, tarp and other items.

The box frame is mounted to the Jeep's floor pan by three horizontal slats or ribs, two of which attach to existing fittings on the floor. Only one slat requires two holes drilled into the floor (the only modification required to the Jeep). The box sits level and lines up perfectly with the Jeep's side leading edge. Detachable wings are screwed onto the sides of the box and the Jeep's existing hardtop screw mounts, which provide a flat floor across the entire cargo area and additional rigidity for the box.

The box allows for full movement of the front seats and access to the rear central cup holders. Access to the standard jack is also not obstructed. The wheel arch cavities beneath the side wings are perfect for storing rarely used items and can be accessed from the front. A hole in the box's base provides access to the Jeep's hidden storage compartment once the left drawer is opened.

As you can see, a lot of thought, time and effort went into designing and making these drawers. I am only trying to recover the costs for the project and I think these are a bargain compared to the commercially available alternatives. They obviously require the rear seats to be removed and they were only designed for the hardtop. I don't know if they will fit with the soft top installed and I doubt they will fit the 4 door JK. They are in excellent condition with only a few marks in the carpet from previously installed cargo mounts (now removed). They will be sold with all screws, mounting fixings, rubber matting to protect the Jeep's floor and side walls, spare carpet cuttings, spare screws and some left over ply if wanted.

The approximate dimensions are:

BOX: 950mm wide x 475mm high x 910mm deep

EACH DRAWER: 390mm wide x 360mm high (270mm side walls) x 860mm deep

TOP SHELVES: (left) 270mm / (right) 635mm wide x 70mm high x 895mm deep

You'll have to excuse my little sister's assitance in the slats haha.
Old 07-04-2015
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bumped and now open to offers.
Old 20-05-2015
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bump. Now $500. Need these gone guys.
Old 20-05-2015
Jedi Master

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

$750, awesome.
Old 20-05-2015
Full Flexer

Liked 547 Times in 265 Posts

way, way too expensive!!! I made similar for a 4Dr JKU for about $130. total.
Old 28-05-2015
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Price drop again guys - $400. Moving house soon and keen to clean out the shed first. Throw me an offer.
Old 02-01-2017
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default drawers

Hi there,
do you still have those drawers for sale?
Post New Thread  Reply