June Rant Thread - Page 7 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2014
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 10 Times in 4 Posts

So after the brake frustration from the weekend the Jeep was due in at the dealer to have the exhaust manifold gasket replaced under warranty. I still suspect it is the turbo hose but they want to take the manifold off so I am not going to argue at this point as it is past warranty date now. Anyways on the weekend when I went to start the car the starter motor misfired like it was not engaging properly. Now this was a concern cos it had been replaced two weeks ago. Mrs took it in today and mentioned it to the smart arse service assistant who said he would get it looked at first then fix the manifold. Long story short it turns out that the starter motor wasn't replaced even though my mrs waited for it for five hours two weeks ago. They told her today that the wrong one was sent to them and the real one was on back order with no eta ????? Wtf ??? So the dickhead service advisor outright lied to us and got found out. So we are now dealing with the service manager and he is following it up for us. More info tomorrow apparently. His biggest worry now is that I have yet to speak with him and I have tomorrow off !!!
Old 16-06-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 95 Times in 63 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Righto. Before we ordered our rubi I did lots of reading up on them, and wranglers in general, both here and on us forums, and one thing that came up several times was their "poor" headlights.

Now, since we got it, I actually dont mind the headlights. I think the low beams are quite good, not the best ive seen, but not the worst. The highs leave a bit to be desired, but ill probably eventually get spotties or a light bar anyway.

Now twice tonight I had ********wits in other cars flashing me. One coming towards me after I dropped them back to lows flicked his back to high and left them there, the other I was following, definitely not with highs on, and when we got to duel lanes he dropped behind me and hit his highs.

Wtf is with that??? Stock wrangler, definitely low beams, and twice within 20 mins I run into ********wits? Do I have freakishly good globes that everyone else didnt get or something? Should I check and make sure mine is wired right and the dash indicator is infact correct? Or are adelaide drivers just looking gor prople to show their disapproval of to hide their own inadequacies? ?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 16-06-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

Your talking to a born and bread SA bloke here. IMO I have to say a fair amount of SA drivers must have small dicks. As they will try to drag you at lights, sit on your arse because they can't get past and when you try to overtake they speed up............ FIIK why but welcome to Adelaide.

Regards A
Old 16-06-2014
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 404 Times in 293 Posts

You can adjust the angle of the headlights from near the 12v outlet. I always keep mine on the lowest around town. Flick them up when needing high beam.

Sent from my C5503 using Tapatalk
Old 16-06-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 95 Times in 63 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris0375 View Post
You can adjust the angle of the headlights from near the 12v outlet. I always keep mine on the lowest around town. Flick them up when needing high beam.

Sent from my C5503 using Tapatalk
yep, but dont need to flick them up for high beam, mine does it automatically.

however I thought the height adjust was for when it is loaded? and I do adjust it when I am, but with only a stroller in tge back i thought it was unnecessary.

sigh... maybe ill have to leave it down to keep the precious hills drivers happy 😯

funny though, the second wanker was happy trying to blind me (he failed, his car was too low) but he wasnt game enough to pull up next to me at the lights in mt barker😂

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 16-06-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 606 Times in 359 Posts

I'm still waiting for the day when I can blast someone with my 130s and my IPF's for being an arsehole to me. Pretty bloody hard to look at my XJ face on when all the lights are lit up. Gonna be even better when I install a light bar on the front of my roof basket.

Regards A
Old 17-06-2014
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonygubbin View Post
I'm still waiting for the day when I can blast someone with my 130s and my IPF's for being an arsehole to me. Pretty bloody hard to look at my XJ face on when all the lights are lit up. Gonna be even better when I install a light bar on the front of my roof basket.

Regards A
Cool, but don't bring it to NSW as they have now changed the laws - NO lights above windscreen level.

My flatmate works out in the mines near Cobar & the cops out there booked him in the work ute for this.