Shame. - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-04-2006
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breyten
Unfortunately the areas of history covered during the mandatory years of school don;t cover 'recent' (20th C) Australian history.
In WA you have to be taking History as a choice in yrs11 and 12 to study those areas at all.

simple Ignorance.
To paraphrase a famous Brit of a long time ago:

"Those who fail to remember their lessons in history, are doomed to repeat them."
Old 23-04-2006
Crossflow was here

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav
AFL is a crap game anyway,I give it the same respect they give our ANZAC's
Awesome generalisation I just love that

You rugby guys are just so clever.

How about a PEARL NECKLACE TASAR...MMMMMMM
Old 23-04-2006
Crossflow was here

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyprimate
To paraphrase a famous Brit of a long time ago:

"Those who fail to remember their lessons in history, are doomed to repeat them."
Why do I have visions of a load of year 11 and 12's rocking up at the wrong beach?

How about a PEARL NECKLACE TASAR...MMMMMMM
Old 23-04-2006
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

A lot of people couldn't give a rats arse about football and I'm one of them. But to get upset about giving a couple of minutes of your time to honour the brave soldiers who died to protect our way of life is just unAustralian. We make heroes of these footballers, who in my opinion have done nothing to deserve the hero status we give them unlike the ANZAC's for whom I have nothing but respect.
Lest We Forget.
Old 23-04-2006
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I can tell you that most of the people at the place i work at are against ANZAC day....not just "dont give a stuff" BUT are against it.

"They" call it war mongering.

I find it really disheartening.....

AND Due to the current regime of political correctness, I am unable to discribe the "types" that have made these statements.
Old 23-04-2006
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I usualy don't get involved in an argument when some one with little or no understanding of the ANCAZ's, or has nothing better to say about what ALL Australian servicemen and woman did for this counrty, all those years ago. Some say we should never of sent our military to far away lands, to help fight. Well if that was true, our PM would be Japanese!

But, I do take offence to what some say regarding what our ancestors did for this and other countries. Im guessing Crossflow you have never served, nor had a family member part of the military, or you are not from Australia or you would not have this view. So pull your head in and show some respect.

Princess, I respect your point of view, however thats the Australian way, to show respect when we can.
Old 23-04-2006
Not a very good stuntmam

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts

Interesting.

Had I read this thread about 7 posts in I would of deleted it. Saying that, lets try to not make it personal ok?

My 2c:
A lot of (I would say most) Australians have not been taught to remember & respect war victims in the same way that countries like the USA do.

If you asked anyone at that game what they thought of the WW1 diggers, I'm sure they would tell you nothing but positive things. Standing in a stadium after a few beers is probably not the best place to remember the dead. A dawn service on ANZAC day would be a better place.

btw We are taught about the landings in Turkey, but not always in detail. I personally took interest in it, as my Great Grandfather died during the withdrawal of troops.
Post New Thread  Reply