What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1348 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-04-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Aerospace 303 is great but it can be a PITA to get hold of. Because of what its made of Aust Post wont carry it knowingly and then you've gotta find a place who delivers using a courier.
IPF 900xs
UHF
285/75x16 KM2s
Snorkel
Old 27-04-2015
Senior Newbie

Liked 15 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewinmanx View Post
Aerospace 303 is great but it can be a PITA to get hold of. Because of what its made of Aust Post wont carry it knowingly and then you've gotta find a place who delivers using a courier.
Doesn't autobahn stock it?
Old 27-04-2015
AJOR Bronze

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,248 Times in 855 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewaldo View Post
Doesn't autobahn stock it?
Yes they do

MY15 WK2 GC Limited 3.0L. Ironman lift, bullbar & winch. Uneek rack & sliders
Old 28-04-2015
SwampDigger

Liked 538 Times in 397 Posts

This morning I got a delivery from the Aus Post guy. I looked at the pack, with a big Fragile sticker on it and wondered out loud, "Now WTF have I ordered that is fragile?" He replied, "You're my favourite client! You order so much you can't remember what you're getting!"

Opened the pack to find 2 of these:

Seat heater pads! ($30 from eBay) Rather than go to the effort of stripping the seats to put them under the fabric straight away, I decided that for initial testing, I'd just slip them under the neoprene seat covers. It comes with 2 heaters per set, one for the seat, one for the backrest, a 2 position switch, wiring loom, relay and fuse.

I took a longer time deciding where to wire them up, than it took to install...

Since I already had power going to the back for the fridge on a high current circuit, (potential for 2ndary battery back there), I figured I'd make use of the fuseblock I bought a couple of years ago & never installed under the bonnet. Found that it would fit nicely under the drawer I made a few months ago & wired it in there.

(Looking in from back passenger side door with the seat down.

The switches slip into holes I'll have to drill, later. For now, since the wiring is nicely stiffened & supported by thermofit, I have zip tied them onto the seatbealt sockets.

Initial test, they heat up in a few minutes on high, (red led). Will see how they go over the next few days. At $30 each, if they are good enough, I'll put 3 in the back seat as well, for the kids!

edit: They pull 4.47A on high & 1.41 on low at ~11.6V. (Have to plug in the charger for the battery. Haven't driven anything but a short trip to the shops for a while! Yes, checked at the battery & got 11.7V...) So, ~50W high & 16.5W low, (at the moment.)

Last edited by Banshee; 28-04-2015 at 03:46 PM.
Old 29-04-2015
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 63 Times in 44 Posts

Booked the Jeep in for a buff and polish next week, to get rid of the trail scars. Also getting the engine bay detailed and undercarriage thoroughly scoured.

Joys of owning a black Jeep!
Old 30-04-2015
SwampDigger

Liked 143 Times in 102 Posts

Just finished installing the spod SE with touchscreen, the bracket needed modification to fit.

, [____],
l----L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)-------)_)

www.ironrockoffroad.com
Old 30-04-2015
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewinmanx View Post
Car Care products has it and has no problems shipping it. Also a really good product.

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/p...ace_protectant
Post New Thread  Reply