navigation map upgrade - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-12-2020
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 235 Times in 132 Posts

Yep, just search for my tutes somewhere on this forum and download the three links on page 2 of this thread. You can add a 7 dollar DAB ant as well.

Last edited by Mousie; 10-01-2021 at 07:14 AM.
Old 31-12-2020
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 349 Times in 182 Posts

just got an email back from FCA re an inquiry i made re uconnect map updates for our pre 2018 cars.
They are indeed working on an update from the last 2016 map.
As they point out their cars from 2018 no longer require them due to carplay etc but have recognised the demand by people with the older cars with navigation .
The bad news is the cant say when it will be ready!!
Old 09-01-2021
I just registered

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Thanks for the tute Mousie. Only just got a GC so this'll be my first mod
I've been trying to download via your links but it's saying files are no longer available. Any chance of a re-upload?
Old 10-01-2021
CrawlerStar

Oops, here is the only tools you actually need and the rest can be read from my tuts and all over the net however only works for 8.4 Screens up to 16.16.3. The three mandatory components are below. Then you can load your licensed IGO maps from your rooted Android phone with their 2 updates per year. Its just a process of downloading and uploading via the USB stick. Its the slow way but safe for novices willing to learn basic changes.

1 Modified small ISO that stops and then reads your USB script file
https://mega.nz/file/OnhS0BzR#gNDHl1...kWwmD9w8piIzpE

2. A Sample script file that sits on your USB next to the above ISO.
https://mega.nz/file/W6oETDjL#th9wUo...ton8IyXk5ziBzQ

3. The all important NaviServer2 file that you upload to accept all map licenses.
https://mega.nz/file/TqwCmbII#99lhnV...E2zZChl5xDih7o

Last edited by Mousie; 10-01-2021 at 07:12 AM.
Old 13-01-2021
Established Member

Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hi all, it's been awhile since I've been on the forum...too busy touring Aus these last couple of years! The GC has been fantastic, wouldn't swap it for anything! Now, I'm mad keen to try using your system Mousie, to get an up-to-date map system. I've run into a barrier tho. When I use your modded swdl.iso and lua script, it doesn't read my system, but the log comes up with a mismatch error. I'll paste it in directly...
********SOFTWARE UPDATE LOG********
Starting Update
Total units to update: 12
Installing unit 1 SYSTEM CHECK
Got the unit installer for SYSTEM CHECK
System market mismatch, stick contains NA but target is RW
System Market matches
System Product matches
Script Started.
ERROR: Script finished
Software Update failed, see 'swdlLog.txt' on the USB stick for more details
Eject USB for RESET

As far as I know, the nav system is factory (2014 Overland), and I used the uconnect map update for my vin as well. Any ideas? I've tried the RA4 updates, the RJ4 ROW updates etc, but still comes up with a mismatch!
Thanks in advance for any assistance! Rob T (eskymo)
Old 13-01-2021
CrawlerStar

Eskymo, the iso file is working correctly, stops and tried to read the script file. Apologies as I put a sample script. You need to make your own little script files and If you read my tute starting at http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...=148085&page=6
Then you will be making your own simple scripts with notepad, to make minor changes each pass to setup DAB and Maps. Please read the steps and see if you are up to it. The log file is correct as we are using a small USA NA file modified just to bypass security check and the run your script on USB. No changes are made to radio, it’s just a quick way to get to the script that actually makes the changes. Bottom line, read first, then decide if for you.

This is not a five minute job, but at the end you will have learnt to do basic moving files but does require you to understand what you are actually doing first.

I will go back over the tutes tomorrow night and repost my scripts links you actually need so you see first and use the parts you want.

Last edited by Mousie; 13-01-2021 at 08:02 PM.
Old 13-01-2021
Established Member

Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks for getting back to me! I thought i had it all ok.. I've read all your posts, and most of leigh0's on the other forum . I'm ok with basic file structures,but have never done any programming. I copied your simple intro script that should copy the productid,but even that failed with the same log message... On the usb i put your iso plus your copy-to-usb0 lua script. That should work, no? I've had to remove my customised customtronix version,as it would not accept any changes. I rolled it back to v.14.25.5 (RJ4) which works fine... I'll go thru all the info again to see what I've missed.
Any further advice gratefully received! Rob
Post New Thread  Reply