navigation map upgrade - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 13-01-2021
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 235 Times in 132 Posts

Rob, great news your confident to do this, below are all the line items you need I.e. cut and paste the lines you need for each function. In your case your putting NaviServer2 at another location and making minor changes two files point to it. As your Nav enabled, then it’s just replacing with current maps and their licenses. I stayed with 14.25.5 as perfects for these mods.

Just re check your script lines to ensure exactly as no feedback if minor error made.

Below are all script files, may have a duplicate sorry about that, the content and license download one will take awhile 7 min or so as will copy all to USB so you can see the file structure on your USB so you know what maps and licenses look like.

https://mega.nz/file/7j4SESZJ#2whtXp...1a62K8GUfhzgrc
https://mega.nz/file/Xz5ETY5C#o-nmon...PK7v2eEztri9lY
https://mega.nz/file/migChKCR#o-nmon...PK7v2eEztri9lY
https://mega.nz/file/nzgUgSgC#yQJRL_...20AVlXOuc9rUok

Last edited by Mousie; 13-01-2021 at 09:01 PM.
Old 13-01-2021
Established Member

Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

You're a legend! I'll go thru and see where I've gone wrong.
Much, much appreciated!
Old 14-01-2021
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

Ok, now starting to tear my hair out! I've gone thru all the sample files, I've downloaded a dozen Linux books to get a good overview of the command syntax used, I've tested the script lua line by line...
The script to d/l the productid and licence to usb: No problem, it gets copied onto the usb.
The script to d/l the Nav.sh and navRestart.sh just sits there spinning it's wheels. I've even copied Mousie's script line-by-line...
The only thing I can think of, is that my directory structure differs from the script. So:
What is the syntax for copying the uconnect directory structure onto usb?
I've looked into all the iso files and into their .lua files, but no directory structure can I find.
I tried ("cp -r /fs/mmc0/ usb0/") but no go... Should that work?
Sorry about all the carry-on, but would appreciate any input!
Rob
Old 14-01-2021
CrawlerStar

Rob, the file structure is 100% identical to me so post me your script contents by PM or post for all to share. Are you using Notepad++ or just notepad? You have the exact vehicle year as I do i.e. Late 13 8 speed but I am originally Laredo. your cp -r command is huge and may get stuck on current files in use, hidden etc hence the spinning and no feedback so would not think that would work.

Here is mine set to download the two files and note you must have the USB sub folder present i.e. 'originals' so it knows to download park the files in this USB folder. Oops may be my fault in Tute. If no folder then USB0 (Zero that is) will suffice. I just google QNX syntax as the system is QNX to save a lot of reading.

https://mega.nz/file/6qgFCA6A#0Ebqk5...n1k49F7GpZ9SCo

Now I wrote this one below to just download current licenses and Content (Navigation only) as you need to always take a copy of your originals. Use this script first if you like as is only just taking a copy so safe to use and I use this each time as a backup so I can just auto reload if I need in one go. Please create the folders on usb exactly as the script has for licenses and content. Again my error with pointing to the folders on Also this is a large download so allow about 7 min and then fingers crossed you will be surprised you can see all the navigation files you replace.

https://mega.nz/file/7j4SESZJ#2whtXp...1a62K8GUfhzgrc

Last edited by Mousie; 14-01-2021 at 05:19 PM.
Old 14-01-2021
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks for that! I'm away from the computer for this evening, but tonight I'll have another crack. A relief to know that the directory structure is the same.
Again, I really appreciate the help. I'll upload my scripts either tonight or tomorrow for you to have a look at. Rob
Old 14-01-2021
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

Thanks Mousie! I found the issue... an ID 10 T error! I discovered that on my main win10 computer, it was sometimes copying the file, but when I refreshed, it was 0 bytes. So I used the laptop to transfer your script files to usb, and so far I've been able to download the two .sh files to modify,(2kb each file) and the other script to download the licence and content files.(about 2.34g)
Thanks for persevering with me mate, I'll now look at your tutorial about modding the .sh files and do that. Then I'll copy my android maps from my rooted phone. I bought the IGO maps, so hopefully I can find all the files.
Re the IGO maps, I'll need to do some more reading about what to put on and where... Tomorrow's job!
Again, your tutes and other information are invaluable!
Rob
Old 14-01-2021
CrawlerStar

All good and others can see it works but exact science. Now just remember, the original basemap file you downloaded, make sure you either delete all then upload the basemap file again. Also if you do all of this and get navigation activating, then redo the content license download just to check all actually loaded up. Whilst I could give you mine, it’s easy to change yours and only have to do once. Remember if you mod two files and upload naviserver2, your setting page will show a different version. So photograph your settings first and then after you load the new naviserver2 you will see the new version running your old maps. Boom this confirms it’s all working and as ready to load new maps and job done
Post New Thread  Reply