Shame. - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 23-04-2006
Crossflow was here

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave'n'Wen
I usualy don't get involved in an argument when some one with little or no understanding of the ANCAZ's, or has nothing better to say about what ALL Australian servicemen and woman did for this counrty, all those years ago. Some say we should never of sent our military to far away lands, to help fight. Well if that was true, our PM would be Japanese!

But, I do take offence to what some say regarding what our ancestors did for this and other countries. Im guessing Crossflow you have never served, nor had a family member part of the military, or you are not from Australia or you would not have this view. So pull your head in and show some respect.

Princess, I respect your point of view, however thats the Australian way, to show respect when we can.
What the? Why pull my head in, because I simply believe that not everyone is into the ANZAc spirit or they may have gone to just watch the football. Like sorry for having my own point of view.

I didn't at any point say I agreed with it, or at any point indicated that I did not understand the sacrifice the ANZAC's Made. Why go making it personal?

I tend to find that people that have never had a shot fired at them in anger tend to be the first to bang on about respecting those that did.

Just because some people did not stand straight and were laughing with their mates, does that lessen what the diggers did?

As it happens I do come from a military background. I went to a military public school, I was born and raised in a military town that dates back to before 1066 and My great grandfather was in the army and served in WW1 and was killed, both of my Grandfathers served in WW2. My Father served in Korea and vietnam and both me and my brother served in the South Atlantic.

In fact someone from every generation of my family has fought for Queen / King and Country as far back as The Batlle of Trafalger in 1805.

I have had bullets, missles and bombs come my way but I don't keep banging on about how the people of the Falklands should be forever gratefull for what we did.

If people respect what we did that's fine but if they don't just means they are not that interested in it.

I'd rather it was that way than force people to respect it and get shitty at everyone that doesn't.

Not everyone understands, sure you can try educate them but some people just don't rate human sacrifice that high.

That just makes them human too.

I served my Country and lost some good mates in the bargain, think I am entitled to my opinion, and that was simply that some people were just not that bothered.

that does not make me un-Australian, simply means I can see other peoples points of view.

try it some time.

How about a PEARL NECKLACE TASAR...MMMMMMM

Last edited by xflow; 23-04-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 23-04-2006
LOST

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts

I tend to find that people that have never had a shot fired at them in anger tend to be the first to bang on about respecting those that did.

dude you do relise that dave'n'wen has just spent 6 month on iraq dont you ??????
Old 23-04-2006
Crossflow was here

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouros

dude you do relise that dave'n'wen has just spent 6 month on iraq dont you ??????
Yup, I was generalising.

Maybe better put was those that were not actually there tend to make more fuss about it than those that were.

Last edited by xflow; 23-04-2006 at 10:59 PM.
Old 23-04-2006
Crossflow was here

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff

If you asked anyone at that game what they thought of the WW1 diggers, I'm sure they would tell you nothing but positive things. Standing in a stadium after a few beers is probably not the best place to remember the dead. A dawn service on ANZAC day would be a better place.
Very well put Jeff.

Old 23-04-2006
Not a very good stuntmam

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 35 Times in 23 Posts

Oh shit, I'm agreeing with xflow!
Old 23-04-2006
Crossflow was here

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff
Oh shit, I'm agreeing with xflow!
Oh bugger how the hell did that happen?

Old 23-04-2006
RubiconSlammer

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

I'd have to agree with Jeff. Trying to expand the commemorations to the weekend before ANZAC day is trying to push it a bit too much. IIRC there are special commemorative matches that are actually held on ANZAC day?

Im not for forcing people to observe the traditions, but at least having folk aware as to WHY they get a public holiday and WHAT is being commemorated.

That said, at least something is out there, motivating people to pack out Dawn services and parades across the nation. It isnt sport either.
2001 XJ TD 31s & 5"
Post New Thread  Reply