Shame. - Page 6 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Off Topic Chitchat
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 24-04-2006
BANNED AGAIN

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyprimate
Very few Americans know anything about WWI. Americans tend to only remember the most current war, then base all historical knowledge as being the equivilant. Only recently I overheard some women speaking in a restaurant complaining that you don't hear as much about the Air Force history as you do the army. (her son enlisted in the Air Force) She was wondering what role the Air Force played in the Civil War, and if the South would have had a better Air Force, would they have beaten the Yankees? (maybe because it was 60 years forward before the airplane was invented)
Thats funny, when I was in Jamaica, the yanks at the resort would not believe me when I tried to educate them about the Canadians marching to Washington and burning the White House down, not once but twice...just can't see Canada doing it these days...eh?

I know where I'll be at 0430hrs tomorrow morning, Tamborine Mountain Dawn Service then Marching and remembering.

Lest We Forget.

Last edited by Fat Chili; 24-04-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old 24-04-2006
RealJeepsdon'thavedoors

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uglyprimate
Very few Americans know anything about WWI. Americans tend to only remember the most current war, then base all historical knowledge as being the equivilant. Only recently I overheard some women speaking in a restaurant complaining that you don't hear as much about the Air Force history as you do the army. (her son enlisted in the Air Force) She was wondering what role the Air Force played in the Civil War, and if the South would have had a better Air Force, would they have beaten the Yankees? (maybe because it was 60 years forward before the airplane was invented)
thats pretty funny, so many ignorant people out there, I overheard a woman complaining about New Zealanders and what the hell did they have to do with the ANZAC's lol,
Old 24-04-2006
Poly Performance Junkie

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just remember that the Jeep heritage that we enjoy so much today cut its teeth in combat in Europe and many men died to boot to give us the freedoms we enjoy now.

As being ex defence we should all be mindfull of those who give so selflessly for the greter good of all Aussies in the past and right now. Just think of those poor buggers in the Solomons now who are trying to keep the peace when I think they would rather be hitting a track in FNQ than hitting a local who cant be civilised!!!!

God forbid we could all be driving mainsteam Japanese or German 4x4's?
Old 24-04-2006
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

German (and allied Austrian) automobile technology isn't so bad, they did invent mobile infantry ... ...but glad to be driving a Jeep nonetheless! The Grands use Austrian tech don't they?

Lest we Forget.
Old 24-04-2006
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

Jeep is owned by Damiler Chrysler

Damiler i.e. Mercedes has kept Jeep afloat

the 2 countries who lost the war dominate the car industry sorry to put a dampier on this but that is fact....
Old 24-04-2006
AJOR Gold

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasar
Jeep is owned by Damiler Chrysler

Damiler i.e. Mercedes has kept Jeep afloat

the 2 countries who lost the war dominate the car industry sorry to put a dampier on this but that is fact....
Aint that the truth ! Whats even sadder is that the Allies destroyed Germany & Japan then footed the bill to rebuild them they are probley now amongst the richest countrys in the world Oh! did you ask what we are doing in Iraq we are trying to rebuilding it of course And its the service men&women of the "Country's of the Willing " that are copping the brunt of it thanks to the AWB's $300 Million Donations to Saddams henchmen

Dont take life seriously Nobody gets out alive
Old 24-04-2006
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: XJ
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Blame the politicians. Not the soldiers (there just doing their job ie. following orders)
Post New Thread  Reply