JK Rear Bumper Roundup - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-04-2009
JEEPOHOLIC

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation JK Rear Bumper Roundup

Folks I been wanting to install the rear bumper for a while and since I have joined the 37" Tyres family the need for rear bumper has become essential. Also I was witing for the AEV rear bar. Since its out I took time to compile all the rear bumpers except few which I absolutey hate but the list is almost complete.

Would like to know your choice and why.

Mods if you would like to make this thread a sticky

Here we go:

AEV

ARB

Expedition One

Fab Four 1

Fab Four 2

Hanson 1

Hanson 2

HighRock

KC Hillite

LoD

Mountain OffRoad

OR Fab

Olympic

PureJeep

Rampage

Olympic 2

Red Rock

Rock Hard

Rugged Ridge

ShrockWorks

WARN

SmittyBuilt

Last edited by JK07; 08-04-2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Added Few More
Old 08-04-2009
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Warn

Old 08-04-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I have the ARB bar, mainly because it came with the vehicle. I would probably still choose it though even if they others were freely-available in Oz. I don't think you can argue that any of the other bars have as clean lines and integrate so neatly with the vehicle as the ARB does, with perhaps the exception of the Shockworks one.
Old 08-04-2009
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

only problem with the arb is no tyre carrier and the steel isnt thick enough to make one
cheers mc
Old 08-04-2009
AJOR Silver

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK07 View Post
Expedition One

Hanson 2

LoD

WARN
Warn would be my first choice coz I love their design.It's simple, strong, well built and has a great departure angle.

Expedition one is another great design, simple and strong.It also looks fantastic on that Jeep green JK with the twin pipes out the back Oh yeah

Hanson 2 and LoD is also like for the same reasons as above.I particularly like the LoD coz of the built in lights.They would be very handy on a night run

Great job by the way, Zak
Old 08-04-2009
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

AEV, it's sexy and practical... I'm really impressed with most of AEV's stuff actually, they mix sexy with awesome practicality.

Shrockworks would have to be my second favourite, same reasons.

Also pretty impressed by the LOD.

Olympic with rear winch would be pretty frikken sweet! But that's a lot of weight out back! I'd be more inclined to have a winch with a tow hitch attached with receivers front and rear so you can winch both ways and only carry one winch (added bonus that when it's not in use it's weight is in the middle of the vehicle not on an end).

I don't like the Hanson, although their quality is great and they're strong as F, I think their products are too big.
Old 08-04-2009
JEEPOHOLIC

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

So far my short list is AEV and LoD but it again depends on the price. I think AEV is gona be my first choice but price of AEV is going to be killer