Grand Mods - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2002
No Winching

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Grand Mods

think the different between you and i is, im single, and i have no respect for anything, care factor is pretty low, brain do not function normally :D [img]graemlins/headspin.gif[/img]
theres a voice in my head, keep telling me im f-ing stupid with what im doing with the WJ..... i cant justify all the things i done with/on the WJ, but i guess my final argument is that im having fun, doing the things that will not damage the WJ too much. and if it damages, it gets replace with a better part.
but i guess there should be a line drawn somewhere, i guess if i start choping the roof off, it would be too far... or is it?
and i would garrantee if i wasnt single, all these wouldnt happen, or if these happened, i'd be single... :D
Old 11-11-2002

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default Grand Mods

Quote:
When it's doubled to 12k lb it's more than enough for me.
The problem with this theroy is that you need more cable out to use a snatch block. The more cable out the less there is on the drum and as such the rated pulling power of the whinch drops

Quote:
I've recovered a Full Size Cherokee from "mud" with a Tirfor. Same size Jeep from a creek bed with a Tirfor when the 8000lb Warn decided to run a battery out.
Damn hard work though [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img]

The good thing about a tirfor is the sheer pin so if you do overload it has a fuse to protect the winch, you dont have this advanatge with an electric winch and if you over load it then the first thing that you know about it being overlaoded is the smoke [img]graemlins/punchface.gif[/img]

Quote:
When your offered a winch for $600 you jump at it
Can not argue with that.
Old 12-11-2002
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Grand Mods

Billsta - you made me feel good mate. I think you captured it all, you're single, (I won't comment on your brain function), you're single, yeah, I respect my Jeep, and Oh yeah, you're single! and you don't have kids do you? I came home Sunday from the a drive to have my 2yr old hit me and say "you took my Jeep. Daddy dirty my Jeep" [img]graemlins/punchface.gif[/img] He normally comes - he wasn't happy. [img]graemlins/madfinger.gif[/img] Eveytime I go to buy something, the little voice in my head is saying "you spent how much?" :mad: !!

[ 12 November 2002, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: marxy ]
Old 12-11-2002
No Winching

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Grand Mods

Quote:
Originally posted by marxy:
I came home Sunday from the a drive to have my 2yr old hit me and say "you took my Jeep. Daddy dirty my Jeep" [img]graemlins/punchface.gif[/img] He normally comes - he wasn't happy.
hehehe.. thats funny, kids are cool, way cool, i dont have any kids... but i tend to be a default baby sitter for Mark H., and a friend or 2. :D little kids beats me up :D

oh, i do love my jeep. shes tough enough to take abuse from me. :D
Old 12-11-2002
Rock Munki

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Grand Mods

Rule One - Always bog yourself very close to a tree (of substancial size)
Rule Two - Always carry a set of Steel Shear pins for the Tirfor ;)
Rule Three - Winch motors have a smoke compartment. Never let the smoke out of the compartment as they then don't work! :rolleyes:

Rule Four - Always take a bigger Jeep with you to snatch you out of trouble. :D

Marxy - I'm tinkin' of a custom bar for the front. Got a reputation to live up to here! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 22-01-2003
Senior Newbie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Grand Mods

Sorry I'm a bit late fellas, so here goes......

4 1/2" Lift Old Man Emu Suspension.
Arb Lockers front and back.
4:1 Diff ratios front and rear.
Rubicon front diff. control arms upper & lower
Bash Plate which incorporates cross member and transfer case support.
31" Goodyear MTR.
Rubicon swaybar disconnects.
Arb Bull Bar with warn winch.
KC spot lights
Snorkel.

GME UHF radio
Dual batteries...Battery monitor
Engel 39 lt Fridge

Full recovery gear..Snatch straps,Winch extention strap, Winch cable pulley block, tyre levers, tyre repair kit, gloves,tyre bead breaker, Aero start.
Old 29-01-2003
Rock Munki

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default Grand Mods

TJPete - My Hero!!!

A ZJ superstar! No S*^t - I love what you have done tho the Grand - Photos pls!
Post New Thread  Reply