Post a Pic of your FSJ Here! - Page 24 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Early Model Jeep
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-10-2012
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts

Used it ! Na how about I moved it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	57697  
Old 22-12-2012
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: FSJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 79 sj cherokee s

heres our 79 sj cherokee s
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	58822  
Old 17-02-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts

Chief on the beach
Old 17-02-2013
RubiconSlammer

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
Chief on the beach
Ooooooooooooooohhh I want one so badly...
Old 18-02-2013
StaunStar

Liked 57 Times in 37 Posts

That is a tuff looking rig.
Old 19-02-2013
CrawlerStar

Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts

Three FSJ's in the mud at Camp Coffs 2009
Old 09-10-2013
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
Default Beautiful '78 Cerokee Chief

My boys spotted this Cherokee Chief on their way home from school and took pics of it on their ipods and showed me when I got home from work so I insisted they jump in the car with me and show me. It turns out it was parked two blocks from my house. When I pulled up behind the car the owner was on the front lawn so I explained that I was a hopeless jeep nut and he understood and was happy for me to take the pics.

He advised me it is a 1978 model. LHD, auto with an AMC 360. It has been immaculately looked after and was restored by previous owner. It has the apparently rare 3 piece front and rear bumper and these lovely indian chief head badges on the rear side panels at the end of the long side windows. He did ask me what the S at the bottom of the Indian Chief head badge represented but I didn't know so if anyone could fill me ion on that then I can let him know. I took heaps of pics but sorry didn't think to take any of the inside. It also has a two inch lift.
The owner commented that he owns a fully blown (read giant bonnet scoop and half the engine sticking up through the bonnet) black corvette stingray as well but says that he gets more people approaching him in the street and asking about the jeep rather than the corvette.

I asked him if he gets on AJOR much and if you can believe it he hadn't even heard of it. I was able to pull the website up on my phone and showed him around the site and he was amazed so we will probably see him join up soon. I invited him to knock on my door around the corner anytime he wants to talk Jeep so we will have to keep an eye out for him on these pages.

Footnote: I did ask him if I could post these pics on this site and told him that I didn't know how to obscure the number plate and he gave his permission for the pics to be posted.

If anyone could help with the question re the badge that would be great. The owner said I was welcome to come back anytime to drool over the car so if anyone wants to know anything about it then I'm happy to ask him and get back to you.
Hope you like the pics.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC_0364.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	64707   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0363.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	64708   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0360.jpg