Lift and Tyres of your JK - Page 27 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 25-09-2010
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Yep, time to do the deed I think. Went out last night and on the way home the missus asked why the hell I hadnt fixed it yet. I said money, she said then spend it!

Found em for $176ea + $25 freight, so $729 all up. Still seems a lot but hoping it will be worth it it the long run. Besides, still need the longer shocks regardless.

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 25-09-2010
TJ DRIVER

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeptheone View Post
As the titile suggests this is a thread for all the JK's to post up details about your particular lift and also tyres. I have borrowed this from the TJ section as it worked quite well. Please refrain from chit chat
...........///////
Old 25-09-2010
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Finaly fitted KM2s in 285/75R16 to my standard rims. I've got the ARB lift which was about 4" and the 265s looked a lil lost. The Jeeper def looks the biz now.

It's amazing the quote price differences I got, they ranged from $420 ea off ebay and just ringing around in Adelaide I got $405, $355, $345 and finally thro a work contact $340ea fitted and balanced.

Would still love 35's but that step will also require rims, flares and rear tyre carrier. So that may have to wait a lil while yet.
IPF 900xs
UHF
285/75x16 KM2s
Snorkel
Old 27-09-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaComms View Post
Yep, time to do the deed I think. Went out last night and on the way home the missus asked why the hell I hadnt fixed it yet. I said money, she said then spend it!

Found em for $176ea + $25 freight, so $729 all up. Still seems a lot but hoping it will be worth it it the long run. Besides, still need the longer shocks regardless.
Let us know how the ride is when you get the new shocks on mate. I may go down this road too. Did a bit of driving on the weekend on some ordinary roads and it'd be nice to soften things up a tad in those situations.
Old 27-09-2010
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Adjustable shocks

Hi TD
After driving on some ordinary rds last week, I noticed that I had to stiffen the front shocks up a little to prevent the the front end from oscilating, it definately worked. Made it stiffer, but stopped a lot ofmovement. I soften them up around the city though for a comfy rd. So now I run them on front 3, rear 1 or 2 in the city, and both on 5 when on a trip loaded, or 5 /3 unloaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdwrangler View Post
Let us know how the ride is when you get the new shocks on mate. I may go down this road too. Did a bit of driving on the weekend on some ordinary roads and it'd be nice to soften things up a tad in those situations.
Old 27-09-2010
Poly Performance Junkie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Well after the weekend I thought I better do a bit of an update.....

Jeep: 2008 JK Unlimted Renegade Pack with MOPAR front and rear steel bars.
Lift: 3.0" Poly Performance Synergy Lift Kit from Double Black Offroad. Rear adjustable panhard rod from EFS, front adjustable panhard from SOLID. Superlift disconnects front and PP rear sway bar links. Drop brackets all round for the brake lines.
Tyres: Mickey Thompson 35" MTZ's
Rims: Cragar Soft 8's in 17 x 8 with 4.5" backspace.
Ratios: Superior 4.88's

Have a set of adjustable control arms to go in as well but that will be another weekend job

JTO
Old 30-09-2010
MudSplasher

Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Finally bit the bullet and got some Maxxis Bighorns....285/70/17

Rim cost me $50 each with the pressure sensors and powder coating was $50 each.
Funny without any programming the TPMS must be reading the new sensors!! Sweet!

Matt.

Last edited by Macca2801; 30-09-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply