GPS and Map Updates - Page 8 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2019
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 238 Times in 133 Posts
Default Disable speed lockout

Folks,

Whilst your waiting for your new Andriod map files from friends how about unlocking the speedlockout on your maps for good.
Laredo non nav can do this to whilst they wait for map files as well. The touch comand is simply to create an empty folder titled "DISABLE_SPEED_LOCKOUT" so its a simple way of telling the uConnect to do something by the presence of an empty folder name. We are just adding two empty folders, How simple is that!

Note we are adding in a different area of the file system and by now you are making your own script.lua with these two commands.

os.execute("touch /fs/etfs/DISABLE_SPEED_LOCKOUT")
os.execute("touch /fs/etfs/disable_SpeedLockout")

I did this and now my passenger can operate the navigation whilst on the move.

Last edited by Mousie; 01-08-2019 at 07:24 PM.
Old 02-08-2019
CrawlerStar

Liked 111 Times in 73 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
I did this and now my passenger can operate the navigation whilst on the move.
Cool. Now I can update, as I've been stuck in a Customtronix time warp in order to maintain "Nav in Motion".

Top work [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]
Old 02-08-2019
CrawlerStar

Default Remove old and upload IGO Files for Current Navigation

Okay Folks. Well I just upgraded my cConnect from IGO 2018Q2 to 2019Q2 maps using the USB method. My script that you can all use and follow is attached.

https://mega.nz/#!qqYWzA5S!o-nmonL2x...PK7v2eEztri9lY

If you have downloaded your backup, saved it on PC and looked at our (6) relevant folders of building, maps, poi, phoneme, speedcam and license files this script will delete all files from those six folders. I have made a command for each folder deletion so you can see and check. Secondly your USB will have all the new IGO map files in there respective folders on the USB. The second set of commands will copy your USB IGO files / lisenses and place them in their respective folders we deleted the old maps from. Finally we just set the file permissions with chmod555 and presto your uConnect will reboot with full current IGO navigation. All the menus you are used to are still there of course as we only updated maps and licenses. Laredo owners will finally have full navigation access should they performed the VP3 to VP4.

Point of note: remember to add the above two basemap files to your USB maps folder so these upload as well. Again they may not be needed but do this as mine fires up all good.
Secondly, my script is basic and just removes all files and replaces with new. Your backup is important given you will see what you are removing and I only added back australia only. Left all the New Zealand maps off.

So in summary Non-navigation jeeps copy and change Vp3 to VP4 and upload the change. We then copy off the 2 navigation files and add the '2' on each file and upload with our new NaviServer2 in the same location. This sets the uConnect to use NaviServer2 and leave the original NaviServer offline.
We take a backup of our entire map and license files among other files we don't touch. Remember we are only in the navigation maps section so well away from the operating system.
We remove, specific old map and license files and add our IGO Android new maps, the last process we repeat for each phone map update from here onwards

If you need to ask any Q then feel free. I noticed on my android phone, when the maps updated from 2018 to 2019, a fresh set of license files were downloaded. For me the USB method was quick like about 3 minutes upload. I expect to leave my USB stick /script the same and just add new map / license updates to the USB folders and then presto, jeep update is 3min waiting time. With your old phone, you paid once and from this point onwards update are free. So just keep the old phone and once you check and get an update, we just use the script to remove old and upload new. I have been extremely happy with the quality as they are HERE maps afterall and only one issue that all navigation owers hate was the beeping if you have ticked safety camera on. Its a jeep thing! All will be impressed with the detail and all jeep navigation functions work as normal. Nothing can beat current navigation.

Last edited by Mousie; 21-08-2019 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-08-2019
CrawlerStar

So for advanced users. Head over to xda developer forums as we are playing with:
Cargocam turn on
SRT and Offroad Pages
Engineering menu and dealer menu
SSH via the Units enabled WiFi (computer direct to uConnect file transfer)
Changing BAR to PSI etc.
Dab enable or not

Unlike our maps and licenses changes some of these are playing with the operating system so please don't run a script in that space and crossing fingers. Maps and files cannot break the unit but system files is another. For example I ran the below and my settings turned to an apps button and I had both settings and engineering menu with lots of stuff. Yet I don't know if that included dealer and secret menus. However you now know the touch command is harmless in that you are just adding empty folders to turn on stuff.

For Laredo owners who just want to activate the old maps in their jeeps, min is the productid change and then a friendly visit to any jeep owner who wants to copy off their map licences so you remove and upload only the license files. I believe they are all common so if you have M14 then you need MY14 map license files so is restricted by year. Mind you if you can do that, do it properly and load current maps.

os.execute("touch /fs/etfs/NAV_SECRETS")
os.execute("touch /fs/etfs/enableEngMenu")
os.execute("touch /fs/etfs/enableDlrMenu")
os.execute("touch /fs/etfs/enableDealerMenu")

Last edited by Mousie; 02-08-2019 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-08-2019
CrawlerStar

For people with the MY13-14 with or without the DAB button. To enable is simply purchasing a DAB (MCX connector) and installing in left rear cargo onglass. The antenna lead plugs into the vehicle antenna loom located inside the c pillar panel. Bottom MCX plug without the bump when you look at it. Ebay $8.79 delivered. I had DAB button but no antenna. My mates has a MY14 with no DAB button and no antenna. If you don't have the DAB button then go to my first tutorial here and copy / paste the 'productid' file and change the second character (remember the three N_N_N) from N to D (for dab radio enabled) and the DAB functionality is enabled then add antenna. It appears for these early years Jeep mucked around with software before committing properly for MY15 onwards. In my case I have DAB enabled but second character N so I changed to D and my DAB button disappears. Just toggle that second character to enable yours. Cheap fix for DAB.

Last edited by Mousie; 04-08-2019 at 08:12 AM.
Old 04-08-2019
I just registered

Liked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Default GPS and Map Updates

Quote:
For people with the MY13-14 with or without the DAB button....

Could have at least included the link to my post on the original DAB thread for credit to everyone who contributed to that discussion if you were going to reuse my photos from there.

https://www.jeepgarage.org/threads/a...ost-2021185895

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Silvarbullit; 05-08-2019 at 01:01 AM.
Old 04-08-2019
RustysRocker

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 123 Times in 94 Posts

Quote:
I've concluded its road based mapping and may try my old Garmin eTrex 30 to see if I can place another layer.
If you want updated mapping for old Garmin units you can get them free from http://garmin.openstreetmap.nl/
The mapping is non-compressed but works on newer NT units too.

I use these maps with my old Jeep Trail Guide GPS (Garmin Quest 2).
Post New Thread  Reply