Honeymoon - the grooms job to organise? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > GENERAL > Question Polls
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

View Poll Results: Best Honeymoon Option
Kangaroo Island 0 0%
West Coast driving holiday 1 14.29%
North Island and or South Island of NZD driving holiday 4 57.14%
Crusie 2 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2011
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Honeymoon - the grooms job to organise?

So apparently it is the grooms job to pick the Honey moon destination and organise it. I never knew that there where so many unwritten rules when it comes to weddings and honey moons.

Well there are so many places I would love to go and that I now my Fiancee would love to go.

Thankfully i have been able to narrow it down to 4 options, with some road tripping, fishing and sight seeing.

Im keen to hear of peoples experiences or recommendations for the four options.

The only thing that I cant do is take the jeep (too expensive)

Wedding and Honeymoon are in March 2012. Looking at having 14 days off.

The 4 options are:

Kangaroo island
Driving holiday up the West Coast
Driving holiday North island NZD or North and South Island NZD
A cruise.

Let me know what you thing or other recommendations.
Old 08-11-2011
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Maaaaate.... Just arrived back from my honeymoon on Saturday - 10 days in Thailand.

The (new) missus was browsing online tonight and the new airline up this way (Strategic) is offering flights to Bali in March for about $600 return each. With what you will spend over there its waaay cheaper than holidaying in Aus. We spent about $1,000 after flights for the 10 days, and we ate and ate and drank and drank, plus trips around the place to visit reefs and different areas. We stayed in 4 different places over Phuket and Ao Nang and had a ball.

Dont just limit yourself to Aussie destinations - I am not a traveller (hate it to be honest) but I had a ball.

To give you an idea, we hired 110cc scooters for a day (24 hours), $10 AUS each and one was 10,00km old, the rest less than 100km old, and one of the team crashed one and smashed a mirror (there were 4 of us). We were honest and called the hire company who took us to the local Yamaha dealer and they ordered a new one for 200 Baht (bout $6) so we gave her $10 and had to push her to take it. She then took us back to the motel and brought back a replacement scooter for the rest of the day.

Best 10 days I have had in a loooooooong time.

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club

Last edited by SeaComms; 08-11-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-11-2011
BANNED AGAIN

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts

Do the Cruise, at least you can kick back, relax and enjoy. Your other options require more planning and the head ache of decision making, what to take, how much to take and which direction to travel.etc.....Been married twice (so far) so these comments are based on my experiences - but everyone's are different.

Just pick a good cruise :-) or ditto what SeaComms has written - get out and see the world.

Last edited by Fat Chili; 08-11-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-11-2011
AJOR Gold

Liked 307 Times in 169 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

You should feel priveleged to have any input at all.

Kangaroo Island - No idea, never been there.

West Coast - What? as in Western Australia? Plenty to see but you need plenty of time because of the distances involved.

NZD - I did a 2 month driving holiday of NZ many years ago (March/April) 2 weeks in the North Island, 6 weeks in the South. Should have spent the whole 8 weeks in South Island - fantastic. Missed all the snow but still bloody cold at night.

Cruise. I'd rather go to the dentist than go on a cruise but being on a honeymoon....could be just the thing.
Old 08-11-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks for the responses already.

The Mrs has three sisters, all married and each did fiji, thailand and Vanuatu. So she wants to go somewhere that her family hasnt been.

Reason for thinking with in AUS or near by is we are wanting to head to America the following year while family are there.

All suggestions i will definitely look into.
Old 08-11-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
You should feel priveleged to have any input at all.

Kangaroo Island - No idea, never been there.

West Coast - What? as in Western Australia? Plenty to see but you need plenty of time because of the distances involved.

NZD - I did a 2 month driving holiday of NZ many years ago (March/April) 2 weeks in the North Island, 6 weeks in the South. Should have spent the whole 8 weeks in South Island - fantastic. Missed all the snow but still bloody cold at night.

Cruise. I'd rather go to the dentist than go on a cruise but being on a honeymoon....could be just the thing.
Very Priveleged ;)

Im like the idea of NZ and doing just one of the islands
Old 09-11-2011
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

mate, i would recommend Cable Beach Resort up in Broome. Stayed there for my honeymoon for a week in Feb this year. Unfortunately it was the jelly fish season, so couldn’t go swimming at the beach, but still had a great time. You can even rent a 4wd and go for a drive on the beach :D. The best thing is that during this time of the year is their off season, so you'll get really special deals AND you'll have the whole resort to your selves. When my missus and I went, there was only about half a dozen couples and NO KIDS! lol Fantastic when it came to the free all you can eat breakfast buffet.

Cheers Vlad.. :D
Post New Thread  Reply