bought a 83 sj 360 5 speed - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Early Model Jeep
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 18-01-2015
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 12 Times in 11 Posts
Default oooooooooo

360 5 speed gotta love that

Last edited by mopar madness; 04-02-2015 at 12:06 PM.
Old 30-01-2015
Discombobulation express

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

pics or it didnt happen
Old 04-02-2015
Established Member

will get some pics up soon. ok its a 1982 jeep cherokee, 360 v8 with nissan patrol 5 speed conversion. the car runs awesome, the motor was done up by some bloke in vic who has a amc javelin, it runs straight gas through a 4 barrell manifold with no carb. the jeep is unreal in low range with shit loads of power/torque in 1 and second low. the car has an excellent body with only a few bubbles of rust and the car has original paint except for the roof and bonnet which faded and were badly painted. i pulled the hoodling out and not a speck of rust in the roof.
anyway i love the car, its going to get a new paint job and a few thing doing to it and its going to be used as a daily. its so easy to drive the missus can drive it a piece of cake so its a winner. best 2k i have spent in a while
Old 04-02-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 26 Times in 19 Posts

Sounds like a good find, any idea where the bell housing to adapt the Patrol box came from?
Old 04-02-2015
Established Member

i did a bit of research and i believe it was done by marks adapters in vic but it was done a fair while ago, i did ring them and they seem to remember something about it. it has a normal thin alloy adapter plate on the front and a about a 4-5" long round one on the rear going to the original jeep transfer box so it uses the original floor mounted hi/lo leaver. from what i can work out it has a jeep fly wheel and either a nissan clutch/pressure plate or its possable it has a nissan clutch and jeep pressure plate, that i won't know until i pull it apart but the clutch works perfect so that wont happen for a while, it also has a hydraulic clutch
im guessing its maybe got a 6cyl transfer and free wheel front d44 diff with manual hubs, i had been sort of looking for a few years but when this came up i had to buy it. i live in qld and the car was in vic but that was minor detail, 2,500km's later the jeep was home and didnt miss a beat.
Old 10-02-2015
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: FSJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I would b interested in seeing what it would b like to drive a manual Waggie. I never feel quite comfortable in the driving position, I would really like the seat further back. Working the left leg more (I do left foot brake when off-road) would just amplify the issue. The extra gears would be great, and ideally a 4 spd auto would be the way I would go.
Certainly interesting to read about tho, I have heard of the little 3.3L Nissan diesels being fitted to fullsizes somewhat common in Oz.
Tow truck, Daily Driver, and adventure non-urban vehicle
Old 12-02-2015
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

I'd be very interested to get details on the gearbox to T/C adaptor. If you ever pull it off could you take some pictures for me? Have a SD33 and a 5 speed sitting here to go into my CJ10.
Cheers
Post New Thread  Reply