Aftermarket parts - Page 25 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-10-2012
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Fuel cap

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but..

CPC brand fuel cap listed in their catalogue (SL82ULP or 82ULP) is incorrect. Infact it's not even close. I have informed CPC. The one that fits is the (lockable) SL110ULP. $37 at Autobarn.

This is for a petrol V6.. maybe the same for others.

Yep, you can get them cheaper online, particularly from the US, but a fuel cap is often one of those parts you need NOW!

CPC products seem pretty good, they appear to be an oem supplier to the industry.

Last edited by JEEPaul; 31-10-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 01-11-2012
AJOR Gold

Liked 44 Times in 37 Posts

http://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehiclef...l=en&html=true
rockauto have a special going on at the moment for discontinued suppliers if anyone is interested.
Old 15-12-2012
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink

The flat auto trans. filters are at repco for $54 and the spin on filters are at peps for $25
Old 02-01-2013
AJOR Silver

Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

Apparently Rock Auto in the US is now selling CRD timing belt kits for $197 USD, according to a LOST post:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...hp?f=5&t=73076
Old 06-01-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Timing set ex UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfella View Post
Bosch and Dayco both do fan belts for the 2.8. They are about $60.00. Better quality than the Jeep part too. I have misplaced the number however the dealers have the number in their parts book under Liberty. If not take the belt in and they will measure and supply..... if they are any good that is
The bit I have been having trouble tracking down in Aus is the timing set for the front of the 2.8. Jeep quote was in the order of $900.00 just for the bits!!! Any info on this would be much appreciated.
Hi, BF I am new to this site, but i have done some research on the timing set and water pump, (i heard you should do both because you have to remove the whole front anyway.)
I got a quote from these guys- which worked out to about $500 ish for the lot at the time.

Hi, yes we can send it to Australia - £120.79 is the price for timing kit, £158.30 cost the pump, shipping charges with TNT £42.10. Kind Regards
Alfa Distribution Ltd T/A JeepChryslerParts.co.uk

tel. +44(0)2082005500, mob. +44(0)7949018194

Unit A5-A6, Connaught Business Centre
Hyde Estate Road, Colindale
London, NW9 6JL
United Kingdom

Monday-Friday 9.00 - 17.30

www.JeepChryslerParts.co.uk

Hope this helps.
Old 06-01-2013
AJOR Silver

Liked 171 Times in 115 Posts

Davoe, a water pump is usually good for two timng belt changes, assuming you maintain your coolant (so think 200,000kms for the water pump) - unless there is some sign of leaking around the pump itself or its making any noise). Of course you can change it each time you change the timing belt, it's your money. I have not heard of any failures. Personally I would also change the thermostat assembly at the same time since you have to drain the cooling system to do the water pump job.

Be aware that there seem to be two different water pumps used in the CRD, and VM UK usually requests your VIN 'so that they can send you the right pump' (according to George).

BTW you don't have to remove the entire front, it can be done with just the fan shroud mod, but you need to know your stuff and if you get someone to do it for you they (or you) need to have the proper 'special' tools or make them up to lock the cams and flywheel during the process. Improper alignment of the timing belt and gears (including the injection pump) can mean major $$ if setup wrong. Read all of the information available here and on LOST concerning the Timing Belt change if your doing it yourself. If your having someone else do it then print out the Service Manual section and some of the key threads on the job so that your mechanic has some reference material.

Last edited by glend; 06-01-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-01-2013
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Thanks so much for the response, I am trying to find someone in Northwest Tasmania to work on my Jeep. I know enough to be dangerous with mechanicals on vehicles. do oil, filters and such but not much more. Cheers
Post New Thread  Reply