Lost Key Fob - What a rip off! - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-04-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 672 Times in 377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueee View Post
The more they charge. More turn off buying the product and thats across the board so now I wonder what one may say when purchasing a vehicle .The only thing we know is we are being ripped off .Car manufacturers and dealers are so bloody arrogant
I'm not sure that it's so much an arrogance from the dealers and businesses in Australia, but more just cashing in on an opportunity and a market where prices for some items are already established much higher than the should be. So really I'm not blaming Jeep because they're just doing what everyone else is doing, it's just sad that none of our friends down in Canberra have done anything about the cost of living.

Old 05-04-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

If I recall from my production days ... it's all about the "HIGH" cost of taking a product from a supplier (that you can easily buy yourself - no secrets here) and putting it in a JEEP box ... of course the supplier already does this ... so the vehicle is actually a way of selling parts as we know it will require "x" parts of "x" type during it's life and of course this is part of the manufacturers profit on the vehicle.
Of course this is what keeps the JEEP sooooo cheap to buy ...ooops .. did I miss this part...mmmmmm
Noting however that the price toady is not so much different than the price in the late 90's .. ?
Another thing to note is that the dealer actually does not make a whole load on the sale anyway, it's all about the "add-ons" .. insurances, finance, accessories (if you want a deal, mention finance and accessories!!!) and of course extended service agreements (we want YOU back in HERE!).
Old 05-04-2014
TerraFlexer

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts

keylessride.com.au
Old 05-04-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: ZJ
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
keylessride.com.au
Something to be cautious of.. the frequencies in use change for most remotes, due to the difference is allocation of frequencies for TV, Radio, communications systems, etc, etc..blah, blah.

We are getting more "adaptable" .. recently we have changed out TV frequencies, etc to get it all together, etc, etc.. more blah!

The remotes in Aus and Euro generally are different (in frequency only) to those of the US .. although these can be easily changed and work fine.

The US suppliers have no idea about overseas models and that they are even assembled outside the US ... Morris at least understand some of this as it is written by the prophets.
Old 05-04-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 672 Times in 377 Posts

Just something i've noticed looking around, all the US remotes have a 'panic' button and we dont. Any reason for that?

Old 06-04-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 108 Times in 74 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default Re: Lost Key Fob - What a rip off!

There are more buttons than just panic. They've got the flipper glass button, tail gate opener button, remote start etc. If you have a pretty my14, your remote flipper button exists, if you pry open your fob, you can see the button and make it work. Every other button in the fob is a dud.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk now Free
Old 06-04-2014
Just Real Jeeps Club

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts

You can order a genuine replacement key from the US for around $50, quote your VIN when ordering & they will send you the correct replacement key

Black 1983 CJ8, Black 1994 XJ

http://www.justrealjeeps.com
Post New Thread  Reply