5 x Mickey Thomson MTZ 99% Tread + 15" King Rims (Optional) - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > MARKET PLACE > 4~SALE > Wheels / Tyres
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2008
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default 5 x Mickey Thomson 31x10.5x15 MTZ 99% Tread + Black 15" King Rims (Optional)

ITEM: 5 x Mickey Thomson MTZ 31x10.5x15s on King Rims (Optional)
TO SUIT: Tyres to suit 15" rim. Rims off a KJ (I think they would fit a TJ)
CONDITION: As new, only done 400kms
REASON FOR SELLING: Don't Fit!
PRICE AND PRICE CONDITIONS: $1200 for tyres, $200 for rims, $1300 for both. (Over $1700 for both new)
LOCATION: Rosebery NSW, Welcome to do a test fit and will deliver within 50km for free.

I have had these on before then decided to keep them to try and make them fit but haven't had the time to play with them them and ended up buying new ones so now I'm selling again.... for sure this time.

They are all in excellent condition only doing about 400kms except one tyre which was rubbing on the pinch weld and has a line of small chips out around the outside of the tyre. Would be good as the spare if you want but won't alter the drivability of the tyre, photo's show the chips. They're not bad, there was more damage to my car than the tyre!

PM or email youcangetash@hotmail.com or call me on 0418 409 537. Happy to talk deals or swaps for other rims, winches, lockers or other fun bits if that appeals to you.

Pics below.

Ash

They look great but they just don't fit.

Last edited by KJ Ash; 11-09-2008 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-09-2008
Established Member

Liked 13 Times in 4 Posts

What would make them fit if it is just the pinch weld wouldn't that have been cheaper then replacing with new tyres and rims or do the 15's need a lot more then just that, do you have a lift kit or does the lift need to be bigger. Sorry for the Q's but I have 16's and they fit with no lift but I assume those tyres are bigger then the 235's that are stanard on mine.
Old 04-09-2008
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 50 Times in 17 Posts

have the rims only done 400kms too?
Old 04-09-2008
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo4runner View Post
What would make them fit if it is just the pinch weld wouldn't that have been cheaper then replacing with new tyres and rims or do the 15's need a lot more then just that, do you have a lift kit or does the lift need to be bigger. Sorry for the Q's but I have 16's and they fit with no lift but I assume those tyres are bigger then the 235's that are stanard on mine.
Yes have 3 " lift but it is the offset that was doing the damage. I have spent hours on this and the only other option is to get a set procomp 15" rims in and see if they fit over the calipers.

Pinch weld has been bashed down to beyond flat but still it rubs and grabs various parts of the plastic.

I simply don't have the time or the inclination to keep trying to find a solution to such an inane problem. I have just fitted 245/75/16s and they fit fine with minimal rubbing and they are considered 31" also.

I could have had the current rims changed to 4.5 backspace to make them fit but then they wouldn't fit over the calipers..... been there, tried and have simply given up! I should have investigated a little further before my purchase.

Very happy with my current 245/75/16 Kumho KL71s, they rock.
Old 04-09-2008
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JarrardB View Post
have the rims only done 400kms too?
Yes, they are basically new except for a little paint removed from the inside of the rims where they rubbed on the wheel hubs.

Neither the tyre or the rims have been off road.
Old 11-09-2008
Established Member

Check out my Ride(s)

Bump..........
Old 11-09-2008
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

heya ash will the kj rims fit my tj?
Post New Thread  Reply