New member Introduction and WH purchasing help - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-08-2016
Irok Bandit

What Jeep do I drive?: JT
Liked 1,190 Times in 789 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoea26 View Post
I have a Nissota friend who thought I was mad Clarky but he just recently saw the light and now owns a 2014 WK2 CRD and loves it...he is always raving about it.....so much better than the Patrol and all that power!!
Sorry to point this out rosco but its spelt Pootrol
Old 28-08-2016
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

I've told a few mates I'm looking at Jeep, and they've all pulled funny faces or looked at me like I'm stupid, this will be fun.
Old 28-08-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarky View Post
Sorry to point this out rosco but its spelt Pootrol
Yes too true Clarky I slipped up there big time...and I always referred to his Pootrol in that way must be that now he owns a jeep I've slackened off on him
Old 28-08-2016
CrawlerStar

Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts

Iwsjss, their looks will change when the WH easily drives past them when they are bogged, perhaps through the notorious Indian Head bypass sand-track with a crowd watching the action....particularly when it's soft as and the crowd are cheering for the Jeep to get bogged...much fun...haven't had the WH bogged yet even on the worst day there or at Ngkala rocks pass which is worse than Indian Head !

Just make sure that the N23 low range recall has been resolved on that vehicle, I don't know whether you know about it, the latest re-flash in 2015 seems to have resolved the issue, I haven't had problems since...but I don't normally use low range in soft sand anyway, 2nd high is best I've found as low range tends to dig my vehicle in, it's had the GDE tune and 3" SS exhaust upgrades,so it's cranking out a lot of torque. Even the standard tune has a heap of torque as you probably know. Anyway if you buy it you won't be sorry, I've put 167,000 on mine and at least 80% has been towing...that's what I bought it for.
Old 28-08-2016
Established Member

Liked 30 Times in 19 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwsjss View Post
Yeah, I'm actually pretty pumped to have a play with the QD2, sounds like an immense system. What sort of cruising economy do you get from the Hemi?
Around 12l per 100km average on a long drive maybe a smidgen better, when it was standard on standard tyres it was about 10.5 with the cruise set at 100kph gps.
Around town economy is between 16 and 20, about the same as any big petrol wagon.
Old 28-08-2016
I just registered

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjlimited View Post
Around 12l per 100km average on a long drive maybe a smidgen better, when it was standard on standard tyres it was about 10.5 with the cruise set at 100kph gps.
Around town economy is between 16 and 20, about the same as any big petrol wagon.
Hey, thanks. This is actually better than I was expecting. Similar sort of figures to the F6. I'll try to have a test drive before I buy either way by the sounds of it.
Old 06-09-2016
I just registered

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

So, got the CRD. So far it has been excellent. I went out with a mate in a pootrol, just some summer tracks around the Clare area. I didn't need low range at all, but it was good to visit some close by spots that I've not been able to get to before.

Sent from my SM-C7000 using Tapatalk
Post New Thread  Reply