Test drive impressions... - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 20-03-2007
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B.
...Of course.. but as quite a few have already found out..the lack of information is of some concern. Yes...I'm impatient to even see one at this stage... so the absence of a car...plus the absence of detailed information is a little annoying to say the least. Now the Compass has arrived in the local car lot....but the Wrangler still conspicuous in it's absence ! I queried ARB on an aftermarket bar for the JK..but they said their test bed vehicle hadn't arrived either. ....Shame.
thats a little weird, because ARB were given a left hand drive wrangler from the states months ago, and full sized bullbars, winch bars, lift kits etc etc are all around 4-6 weeks away
Old 20-03-2007
So play on just play on

Liked 359 Times in 182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooders
Had a good look at one over the weekend.....
The one thing that really stood out in a bad way for me was the centre hoop of the roll bar - it is too low.
Front the drivers seat It felt like it was looming right next to you.....but for an adult in the rear I though it was dangerous as in even the smallest fender bender an adult in the rear seat would wipe out their head on the sound bar.......

There were things I liked and things I didn't - but the roll bar was one thing I really did NOT like and I;m somewhat surprised it was built that way and even more surprised that it's passed safety regulations.....
I hated that sound bar, with the sides steps and soundbar and the tiny rear doors I found it harder to get into the back of it than my XJ and that's lifted with steps/rockrails and is well know for it's small backdoor. It really really put me off the JK Honestly it took me a couple of twists and turns to work out a decent way to get into the thing without smacking my head and I ain't no giant.

Cheers
Steve
Old 20-03-2007
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Test drive impressions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MATT_WESTER
thats a little weird, because ARB were given a left hand drive wrangler from the states months ago, and full sized bullbars, winch bars, lift kits etc etc are all around 4-6 weeks away
..Yes...I was of the impression/ belief they already had the vehicle and were under way but that's not the story I was given. Probably of who you speak to... or perhaps 'who you know...rather than what you know'. It's all still academic for me.. Went to the dealership again today... knew nothing... about the vehicle or any delivery. I'm heading through Sydney on the weekend... at least I might see one at least ! ..Still curious though...some in the forum have mentioned an absence of a 'lift' on the Rubicon in Australia. Does it actually have a lift anyway in the USA...as I've never heard mention of it amongst it's diffs..ratio..lockers... disconnects etc ?
Old 20-03-2007
AJOR Gold

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B.
..Still curious though...some in the forum have mentioned an absence of a 'lift' on the Rubicon in Australia. Does it actually have a lift anyway in the USA...as I've never heard mention of it amongst it's diffs..ratio..lockers... disconnects etc ?
My understanding is that the TJ Rubicon had a lift over the other TJ models but the JK does not. Happy to be corrected but in all the reading I've done on the US sites the Rubicon does not appear to have a lift. It does have different shocks though (as does the Oz model).

B.
Old 21-03-2007
Full Flexer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettski
My understanding is that the TJ Rubicon had a lift over the other TJ models but the JK does not. Happy to be corrected but in all the reading I've done on the US sites the Rubicon does not appear to have a lift. It does have different shocks though (as does the Oz model).

B.
Bingo !

Greater ground clearance in Rubicon comes from the different tyre spec versus Sport/Renegade. I believe that the springs are the same, but Jeep tells us that the shocks are different.
Old 22-03-2007
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Check out my Ride(s)

Hi there!

Well I test drove a auto Rubicon today and must say it was quite nice... definatly better compared to my 03 TJ auto. Would of loved to gave it a proper test but not many "off road" tracks in the CBD of Brisbane. So next test drive guess will be in late May when my 4door renagade arrives.

I quizzed ARB south side and they were not a lot of help and gave the impression that you may see some thing for the JK one day, just don't hold your breth! Which I would be surprised if that realy is the case and I feel would be a lost oppatunaty for ARB.

Phil...
Old 22-03-2007
Just Build it

What Jeep do I drive?: Brute
Liked 38 Times in 15 Posts

I wonder how much a CRD Auto 4 Door Rubi will be - $60K by the looks. Might go drive one this Saturday.
111 Leitchs Rd
Brendale QLD
Post New Thread  Reply