wiring diagrams/repair manual - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-12-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 388 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fester View Post
Mine I'm pretty sure is the one from this site and it shows the airbag module with 27 pins. However it does not show a schematic with ALL 27 in one diagram, it is split into 3 or 4 subsections so only shows say half a dozen or so wires per schematic. It doesn't list a year but the parts catalogue that came with it says 2003 & 2004. I believe it is designated as for the WG Europe as it covers all 3 engines.
yes you are right , it will show section by section , one for the air bag light , other for seat belt light , the other for what ever and so on , my cd shows the light and the air bags , but on it only shows for a single connector the 2002 had two connectors (meaning four wires to the two front bags all up 8 wires) and shows a different colour coding . I am going to have to check all of the junction box below the driver side and check wire for wire , I am going to have to order another clock spring for the one I have is duel air bag type (and the little furry dog CHEWED the other single connector!) so I can not swap the drivers air bag as yet , the two wires for the belt ran into the module (part b I think ) I think the older one run directly into the BCM , , so I got to follow the two wires (from the side harness) to see if they go directly to the BCM and are in the right pin nothing else is going wrong with electrics , thye only other thing that is wrong is the heated seats , but I really can not be bothered with them , the signal wire (PCI bus) is the one I got to find problem is different colour on the 2002 , I found the one for the module which is a yellow with red(or orange) trace, the one on the 2002 is a yellow purple trace (I think its purple) it goes to the instrument cluster it is the PCI , but finding where the two goes to for the belt (one is a earth ) PCI bus is another thing for the 2002 ran to the module, the other rand to the seat ! all seats work , and memory , they have the same connector , but the two wires is another thing , if I had the 2002 Laredo diagrams , not a problem I could simply look up the colour and find where the two stray wires go to and what there for . but I really think and I am going to hate it is spend a quite a long time following the buggers
Old 27-12-2014
CrawlerStar

well found one that should cover for my model , YES another e bay thing . see what it is like .
Old 27-12-2014
CrawlerStar

GOT IT !!! 2002 seats run no module as far as I can see , the leather seats has a module (only one connector)
it also contains the memory , now due to I can not find the other belt clip , (little fluff nut dog I reckon) I spliced off the white connector with two wires running to it , and spliced the 2002 onto them using the 2002 connector this should run to the module in the seat , and the module (I hope ) runs it to the instrument cluster/ BCM , (I cant remember which one now )
dam , it was due to the separate loom ! for air bags and the module for the air bags for the older module does not control the seat belt light its the sensor in the seat ! (which contains the memory module)
Old 27-12-2014
No Winching

Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

So how do these compare:

Old 27-12-2014
CrawlerStar

the first one shows the duel air bag that has the two connectors , I don't have this diagram but I worked it out anyway without it , what was throwing me was the connector for the seat belt warning for the wire for it runs to the AIR BAG MODULE, and the limited does not , what I didn't see is that the seat belt warning light runs to the module in the seat on the limited , the 2002 does not the PCI bus runs in the same harness connector for the power seats , the 2002 has a separate line , the other two are a little hard to see , but the wires I got the right way , just a matter to get the correct clock spring for the job , (and change the connector)
Old 27-12-2014
No Winching

Liked 301 Times in 244 Posts

They are the first 3 pages in order from the manual available here.
Old 28-12-2014
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 14 Times in 5 Posts

For future reference, Morris 4 x 4 in the US have on-line manuals that you can access free of charge.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowled...ex.htm#service