wiring diagrams/repair manual - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-12-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 388 Times in 291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fester View Post
"Cluster swapping

Many people have inquired as to whether they can buy the Limited/Overland white-face gauge clusters and install them into models that have the black gauges. Unfortunately, gauge clusters are only available on an exchange basis through the dealer, and only for the matching cluster type and model year. They must also be reprogrammed for mileage. This policy is usually strictly adhered to in order to maintain and control odometer integrity. However, used gauge clusters are widely available on internet sales and auction sites for just about any model year. But there is still the mileage issue if a cluster is swapped out, and there may incompatibilities with some of the warning and message lights as well as the wiring.

It is physically possible to install, for example, the 2002-2004 electroluminescent clusters into 1999-2001 WJ models, and all of the gauges will work perfectly. However, the odometer *might* retain the previous mileage from the vehicle it came out of, or "000000" if it is new and would need to be reprogrammed. Some of the other functions, like the seat belt warning light may not work so this may not the best upgrade choice. We have recently heard of one case of a '99 owner who successfully swapped an '04 electroluminescent gauge cluster into a '99 Laredo and had no issues. Your mileage may vary.

December 2011 update - Newly confirmed case of an owner taking an electroluminescent cluster out of a 2002 Limited and using it in a 2000 limited. Did Nothing more then unplug factory cluster and plug in the new one. The cluster retained the odometer reading from the first Jeep. Everything is functional with nothing else needing to be done.

For 2002-2004 owners having the black gauges, if a 2002-2004 Limited/Overland cluster could be obtained, it would plug right in and most likely all functions would work. As above, the odometer will retain its original mileage and would need to be reprogrammed by a certified shop. I am not aware of any minor cluster control changes between 2002-2004, but this still needs to be verified."
I just broke mine as I threw it at the dog for stealing the f#$Fing circuit board from the other ! and the worse thing is I missed , and the little C%^T got away with the board ! im screwed , every bloody time no matter what I try to do this little thing excuse for a dog gets me every time along with chickens at the back yard , and the other dogs around the area barking in tune to . and some old piss ant farmer C&*T can just sit back while I try to piece together a car that is needed and suck on his fish and chip diet can not get any parts unless I travel for flippen miles and get charged twice the amount of what the part is worth , AND STILL NOT GET THE RIGHT PART , and have to wait days for bloody mail to come through , yet if I send something it gets there in no time at all ! WTF goes on in this stupid half breed dill witted inbred state! I needed the circuit board but no no no dog wants to play fing chew the crap out of everything while the wife sits on the fing couch and pats the bloody thing like its a child ! AAARRRRHHHHH!
Old 28-12-2014
CrawlerStar

yes they do fit , yes they work BUT the dam warning lights are different and the seat belt light will not work (stays on)
Old 28-12-2014
CrawlerStar

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Old 29-12-2014

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleetnblurt View Post
I just broke mine as I threw it at the dog for stealing the f#$Fing circuit board from the other ! and the worse thing is I missed , and the little C%^T got away with the board ! im screwed , every bloody time no matter what I try to do this little thing excuse for a dog gets me every time along with chickens at the back yard , and the other dogs around the area barking in tune to . and some old piss ant farmer C&*T can just sit back while I try to piece together a car that is needed and suck on his fish and chip diet can not get any parts unless I travel for flippen miles and get charged twice the amount of what the part is worth , AND STILL NOT GET THE RIGHT PART , and have to wait days for bloody mail to come through , yet if I send something it gets there in no time at all ! WTF goes on in this stupid half breed dill witted inbred state! I needed the circuit board but no no no dog wants to play fing chew the crap out of everything while the wife sits on the fing couch and pats the bloody thing like its a child ! AAARRRRHHHHH!
Apologies for laughing at your predicament but I found that all quite amusing......
Old 29-12-2014
CrawlerStar

what can one do , but laugh at the whole thing , to me its like a movie !
and the dam little shaggy half breed thing KNOWS!
and if I catch the little bugger I am going to send it to the fish and chip Pilkington and see how he likes that !
Old 29-12-2014

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts

He'd probably make good yabbie bait by the sound of it lol....
Old 29-12-2014
CrawlerStar

nah the little bugger would run off with the pot.
my own fault I guess for leaving tools by my side and parts where he can get them .
Post New Thread  Reply