Aev 2.5" dualsport xt suspension system - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2014
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 48 Times in 39 Posts
Default Aev 2.5" dualsport xt suspension system

Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting the 2.5" Dualsport XT Suspension System including the Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Drop Brackets on a 2012 2-door JK rubicon.

http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/...suspension-2-5
http://www.aev-conversions.com/shop/...n-brackets-frt

My understanding is that these two items will complete the kit and once installed I will need to get a wheel alignment done and I'm good to go and won't have to worry about anything else. Is that correct?

Currently running 32" and not planning to go more than 33" in the future. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Yes pretty much. Installed the exact same parts list on a mates 2010 Rubi a litle whe ago. The kit ws missing a the rear brake line drop brackets which took all of 10 minutes to fabricate and the front sway bar kink extension brackets would not fit so I gave him my old rear links. Apart from that ws all good.

As for a wheel alignment you can do that yourself as the only thing needed is to recentre rhe steering wheel. Oh I didnt look but make sure they supply a rear track bar bracket for a rhd instrad if the lhd track bar.

Sent from a tiny keyboard with fat fingers, apologies for my spelling. .

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 03-02-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts

My best bit of advice is phone Jeep Konection and ask to speak to Andrew. He and the rest of the team for that matter are so bl00dy knowledgeable about the products they stock, have sensational customer service and I would be incredibly surprised if anyone can beat their prices!!

There have been more than a few times where Andrew has actually talked me out of buying a product, simply because it wasn't right for my Jeep. He could have easily just taken my money, but instead did the right thing by me.

These guys have been working with AEV for a long time now and just like AEV, they eat, breathe and sleep Jeep!!

Don't take my word for it though, give them a call and see for yourself
Old 03-02-2014
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 169 Times in 108 Posts

I'm looking at doing exactly the same this week.

SeaComms, do you know what the heights were between the wheel hub centre and the lip of the flare before and after the lift?

I'm just trying to guage roughly how high it will come up in reality.

Cheers
Old 03-02-2014
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

It lifted approx 70mm front and rear (bout 2.75 in) giving a final height of 605mm front and rear wheel centre to guard. It has since settled about 10mm.

I installed the 2.5in flexi springs in mine and got 600mm wheel centre to guard all 4 corners however mine has not dropped at all in over 40,000 km.

Sent from a tiny keyboard with fat fingers, apologies for my spelling. .

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 03-02-2014
Sideways Slammer

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

The end result will depend on the weight put on the front and rear as the suspension is designed by AEV to cater for AEV's front and rear bar/winch and AEV skid plate.

Now if you add non AEV gear to the rig then the height will be different again as the weight will be different also.

That's my understanding from reading the AEV forum details...

I will report back when mine is done regarding height figures.....