Upgrade recomendations - Page 8 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 30-01-2011
BANNED AGAIN

What Jeep do I drive?: CJ
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts

CA's = Control Arms.

Try applying some graphite lube to the zipper or some soap, then FORCE IT TO MOVE....

If you manage to getting it moving along one side of the zip, use some needle nose pliers to separate the zip, place the zip track (or whatever its called) into the zipp and then close the zip 9the slidy part) gently with the pliers.....the worse you can do is screw it...... and it's sounding cactus already. I have done the above numerous times on my front window, replaced them in the end (after 8 years of use).
Old 30-01-2011
Full Flexer

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts

No way it's moving. The zip has been pulled apart while it's closed so now it's closed everywhere except the tiniest hole in the corner. Ill just take it to the auto interior he'll fix it for me. Otherwise I'll just tear the while thing off and replace it. Eventually want a hard top to but not the most important thing. I'm happier than I thought I would be with the soft top. Quiet enough for me on the road with the radio on and being able to take it off is great. LOVE the half doors being the short ass I am makes seeing out of it soooo much easier.
Thanks for everyones help it's a great forum.
Old 30-01-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Motas - my best advice other than using the search button is to get out there and just wheel it, forget about building your dream offroad machine over night, it just doesn't happen. We all try to encourage newbies but understand that there are guys on here that have more experience than you could ever hope for (I'm not talking about myself - I have only been into jeeps for just over 2 years). So before asking a question pay them some respect and search the issue over and over.

My build has cost me over $10k and I have done almost all the labour myself (excluding locker installs). So unless you have money to throw away when you change your mind on tyre size, lift, bumpers etc think things over, jump on some trips and talk to other drivers.

As to fuel when driving offroad - you use sweet bugger all, in fact if I go to a 4wd park for a weekend and the tank is more than half full I consider the extra petrol to be a disadvantage as it is just unnecessary weight.

Hopefully my build will give you some ideas.
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1161764#post1161764
Old 30-01-2011
Full Flexer

That's why I am asking. I want to do it right the first time and not need to waste money redoing parts. I have time to do all the work without needing to drive it which is why I brought it so early. Whenever I search something I get nothing useful or a thread from 2002 which is completely outdated. Dunno why it just always happens. After half an hour of 4wding I ready know the first thing it needs is a bloody lot of lift and some tyres with some grip. For anyone who hasn't driven here it's a lot different from deserts. Ive raced through deserts and although it is very hard on everything it is completely different challenge. Here it is tight steep rutted out tracks up steep hills. Rocky clay and then bug mud holes and washouts. You really need the lift to not just hit everything. We went up some of the easiest tracks up there today and it bottomed out and bounced around over everything. Standard is no where near capable enough here. The only real important things I need to know are if the supaflex will be fine off road and what sye is good. The did ratios as well but I already got told that but other than those everything else is pretty simple. Those and tyres will be the first thing I do so after that I can pretty much just buy a trusted brand and know it will be fine because not much else is really for performance.
If anyone is running a supaflex 3.5" lift please speak up especially with fox shocks.
Also don't mean any disrespect and I know that basically all the people here have more experience than me and I am listening.
Thanks.
Old 30-01-2011
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

mate it comes down to what you wanna spend! call wooders and get the rugged ridge sye and tom woods driveshaft if you have money to blow, im sure there are even better sye's. but i posted a link to a budget sye and dc shaft for a solid 500bucks delivered which i installed on the weekend and im very happy with the quality...

ring wooders and he will be able to set you up with everything you need and im sure he will give you a good price too.....the 3.5: rubicon express superflex kit is a good set up all tho many decide to change out there rear springs for something diffferent as they are pretty hard and i think they sit about an inch higher then the front....i have heard of people putting the stock tj front springs into the back with their rubicon 3.5" superflex kit

you say your two main quetions are lift and sye.....if thats all you want help with then its really nothing too hard at all,

here is a good sye for you
http://www.wooders.com.au/index.php?...roducts_id=139

and a good driveshaft
http://www.wooders.com.au/index.php?...roducts_id=138

thats your sye sorted, or you can go get the one i got, its up to you

and for your lift
http://www.wooders.com.au/index.php?...products_id=69

thats it, go buy some shocks, fox if you like, many run rancho 9000's or the ome, all respectable shocks, plus many more

then you will need some upper control arms so might aswell get RE to match and you will have your jeep set up on a 3.5" lift with sye and dc shaft..

now you may think its that simple but then you need to get front and rear adj panhards, extend your breathers ect ect ect

honestly man just do some searching first and then come to us with questions, were willing to help you out but not going to do everything for you!
Old 31-01-2011
Full Flexer

Thankyou that helps heaps.
Post New Thread  Reply