So I need 5k to run some lift and 33s? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > TJ Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 28-03-2011
Get 'er Done!!!!

What Jeep do I drive?: TJ
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

It all comes down to what you want to do with it...

If your whole point is just to just fit 33's for as cheap as possible..Just grab some cheap arse budget boost spacers and some 33 x10.5 and call it done..

But what you will end up with is a jeep that gutless, sucks fuel and about as trail worthy as the gutter out front of your house..

There is a reason why it costs money todo it right and I'm sorry you pay for what you get..
Old 28-03-2011
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj5350 View Post

There is a reason why it costs money todo it right and I'm sorry you pay for what you get..
i totally agree with you, it comes down to how much money you have to spend, but there are way to get around spending the big bucks like i have...do the main things, 2"+ complete lift, 33's and you can just chip away as you go! thats how i started off and slowly but surley, got the sye and dc shaft, some spacers for extra lift, once you start talking axles its not cheap so you gotta think how your gonna go about it and if its gonna be worth it ie are you gonna keep your jeep for some time or not
Old 28-03-2011
CrawlerStar

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

31s and disconnect the front sway bar when you go of road.
Run that for a couple of years and decide what to do then.
Old 29-03-2011
AJOR Gold

Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
But what you will end up with is a jeep that gutless, sucks fuel and about as trail worthy as the gutter out front of your house..
Disagree. I ran 33s with a 2" budget boost, a 1" motor mount and a 2" body lift for quite a while. It wasn't pretty, it wasn't ideal and it was far from perfect, but I got where I wanted to go, on 33s, until I decided I wanted to spend the coin and upgrade.
Old 29-03-2011
RubiconSlammer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:

your a real negative guy hey! go through my build and look at the stuff i do, pretty sure my jeep isnt gutless, okay it sucks fuel but that maybe be to other related problems and bloody oath mines trail worthy! im able to do tracks that other people with lockers do!

3.5" lift 33's, sye and dc shaft and you can go anywhere!!! EVERYONE here isnt made of money mate, the sooner you come to understand that the better! we cant all build our dream rigs straight up and YES there are ways around spending the big dollars but still gettting an awesome jeep no matter what you think!

if this guy wants to save some cash by all means he doesnt need ratios straight away but yeah it would be recommend once he has the funds to upgrade his axles with lockers and all that crap!

honestly mate try being positive a bit and give some of these new guys hope and guidance insted of tearing them down telling them they gotta spend bucket loads of cash to get their jeep where yours is!

my jeep has been a progressive build and i love it, take me anywhere! just sort out a list of things you want done and what way your gonna go about it so your not going through 2 lift kits and spending double the money when you dont have too!

they way i went about it was---\

-all new fluids in the jeep, gearbox,transfercase,difs ect ect, put the good stuff in there
- fixed any issued it had when i bought it, worn bushes ect
- 2.5" complete lift kit with 31's
- then 33's
- transfercase spacers came out and sye and dc shaft
- 1" coil spacer lift all round
- body armour along the way like rearbar, tyre carrie, some spotties, snorkel and all that

and yeah mine is a decent rig

left on the today list..../

dana44 and 30 overhaulkits
4.56 ratios
maybe lockers if funds allow
truss front axle

but this will all be done at the same time as you need to pull the axles out to do it so you might aswell save some cash and do it like that....thats one of the reasons many people like myself put it off because it all adds but and pushes it into the thousands of dollars to do your axles

check my build and you can follow along how exactly i went about mine also jeeping it( richos slow build) and shanuyb's build thread, we are all running the same set up pretty much and loving it

dan

Last edited by crawl3r; 29-03-2011 at 09:45 AM.
Old 29-03-2011
No Winching

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

If you want a budget performing rig and your budget is 5k.

A few ways to do it have been mentioned.. but heres another, no one is wrong, but remember there are plenty of way to do things.. Is your tj pre 03 model?

Try this for a build..
4.88 ratios $800
Auto lockers. $1000-2000 depending on install costs.
33s or 35s muddies and rims (buy second hand- $1500)
DIY highline hood, and rear flare raise. (not all that much)
7 inch flares (400-500)
sway bar disconnects, (make your own- cost nothing- buy some cheap)

No suspension lift, no body lift.

If you go 33s, coilspacers, and trimming flares, with right offset rims, will allow you not to do the highline work.

Options for later, (SYE-Dc shaft, when your current one breaks)

will look somthing like this, and out perform any basic tj, without ratios and lockers.
remember, its easy to say you dont need ratios on your rig, until you have driven one with the ratios done. its completely different, and will save you money (not cost you) on wear and tear of your driveline.

friends rig, with less than 5k invested

Last edited by Aaronsjeep; 29-03-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 29-03-2011
Established Member

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius View Post
31s and disconnect the front sway bar when you go of road.
Run that for a couple of years and decide what to do then.
I'd suggest this, without any lift.

By the time you're 31s are worn to the point of needing to be replaced, you'll know exactally what you want to do. You might even have been able to have saved up the money needed to do it all.