84' Jeep CJ7 Renegade - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > MARKET PLACE > 4~SALE > Aussie Jeeps For Sale
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 26-06-2014
Established Member

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default 84' Jeep CJ7 Renegade

Asking Price: 7,000.00
Make: Jeep
Model: CJ7
Year: 1984
Condition: Fair
Odometer KM: 00000000
Rego State: Queensland
Not picking up any chicks lately? Love the attention from on lookers? Want to feel the wind through your hair (including toupee)? Well I have the car for you!

EOI on my 84’ Jeep CJ7 Renegade. Currently overseas for work and finding it harder to make use of this little beast as I travel a lot. Was my daily driver for 2 years then she became a weekend toy the last 4. Furthest it’s travelled was from Newcastle to Fraser Island (return) and didn’t missed a beat and at least 6 road trips from Brisbane to Newcastle. She’s always got me home!

Now, I want to sell this to an enthusiast before I put it on car ads and some douche turns it into an abomination. As some of you know, an old girl requires attention than most. A lot of understanding, time and patience to finesse the fine shape of this beast. But lets face it, it’s not going to happen and if you do, you’ll go bold! She is what she is and you gotta love her for it. She’s served her purpose in this world and I outta thank her due to the gear that she has.

AMC 20 Yukon One Piece Axles
Yukon 4.11 gears
Timken bearings kit
Replaced wheel cylinder and shoes
ARB locker

Dana 30 Yukon 4.11 gears
ARB locker
Timken bearings kit

Double cardan joint
Uni’s replaced front and back.

5 x 33” Dick Cepek FC II (Plenty of thread left + Brand new spare)
5 x 15x8 American Racing (Have centre caps too, somewhere in the shed)
Bestop extended flares

4” Pro comp lift + 1” body (springs have sagged a bit)

350 Holley with off road kit (recently rebuilt)
Adjustable fuel regulator
6-3-1 Extractors on 2.5 inch exhaust (sounds nice)
High Output Alternator
Heavy-duty radiator (can’t remember how many core)
750 CCA AC Delco battery
HEI Dizzy (best upgrade)
8mm Plug leads + NGK Plugs
ARB Pump (they’ve brought that many models out, I’ve lost track. I think it’s CKMA12)
Standard 72 litre tank (cause you’ll need it. In saying that, it's no worst than a TJ)

Dana 300
3 Speed Auto (rebuilt about the same time as the motor)
B&M Shifter
Rebuilt 4.2 (lost track of the K’s but it’s somewhere the 50,000/60,000k in 6yrs. Built by Hammonds but no paper work)
Blue alloy rocker cover

Only Penrite Oil ever used and 98 octane. Diffs,gearbox,transfer - Nulon. (changed in Hot and cold seasons)

Chrome bits everywhere (requires a polish)

Hardtop (roof lining) + Hard doors
Bestop Bikini Top, Windjammer, Tonneau Cover, Seat covers F&B
Ute liner spray inside + carpet

X2 sets of keys

All gauges work except the clock (I’ll throw in a Dora explorer watch with the sale)

A lot more bits I cannot remember.

Bad bits:

Being an old girl, rust in common spots like the side pillar with the embedded line where the cowl meets the body. Few spots on the door, sill and on the front edge of the hood. Right rear bottom quarter panel had a tree wedged inside and peeled the chunk of paint off. Worst part would have to be the pillar. Also has rust on the windscreen and bent side edge. This can be fixed with a new windscreen replacement. It’s a CJ…..suppose to have rust.

Wiring under dash…..Well I think the previous owner’s favourite colour is green and red. Easily fix as the only accessories are spotties, head unit and CB.

I have a few parts that will go with it:

Spare front left axle
14” Electric fan
Box of parts for the big high country trip I had planned but never happened. Fuel pump, uni’s, ECU module and stuff…..
Heater unit (I removed it as the core was leaking)
Windscreen wiper link
Door window seals
Ball joints
Knuckle

There are a lot more to mention but without sitting in front of the CJ, I can’t remember it all. I had the intention of rebuilding it from ground up but I don’t see it happening anytime soon. Work makes it hard when I’m interstate or overseas weeks or months at a time. It’s a toy, not a full size die cast.

I am putting this on here now as EOI, as I want to see if there are any real interests before I come back in September. Viewing can be organised between Sept 7th and 9th as I fly out overseas again. Will be back mid October. Plenty of time for you to save your hard earned cash and empty it on a 7. If your keen for a look, will organise a viewing when I’m present. It will also have 6 months rego from August (Queensland). So save save save those dollars.

Reading back that last paragraph, sounds like a scam. Send me your money and I’ll Fed Ex the keys to you. Yeah?

I payed a lot for it and threw a lot on it with labour cost. So price has little movement. But the cheapest 7 you’ll see complete with the goods on it. Selling cheap as I need it gone.

I will update the pictures when I'm back in Brisbane.

All offers are to be made by private message.

Cheers

Attached Thumbnails
IMAG0013.jpg   IMAG0418.jpg   P9130225.jpg  

Last edited by iann; 01-07-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply