high pressure fuel pump recall - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 2 Weeks Ago
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 367 Times in 192 Posts
Default high pressure fuel pump recall

Just had the recall done , got the car back and i gotta say the car is running and feeing better than when i took it in!!
I reckon a slight tick i used to get has gone as well.
New hp pump,new fuel lines and new fuel filters.
Spare parts guys reckon they never see faulty hp pumps here and it would have been better to have done a recall for something like the in tank fuel pump as they have sold a few of those.
Also asked about getting the Sat nav maps updated on my 2015 gc.
Reckon they have a 2021 map update, $120 and that will be the last one avaiable,
Ive got carplay but like the jeep nav system so ill get it done, better than the 2014 maps currently!!
Old 2 Weeks Ago
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 113 Times in 79 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

That sounds great mate just wanted to ask, did they contact you and get it all organized or you contacted them for a date?

Also did not know there was a 2021 update to the Sat Nav system..I have carplay too but it would be nice to have the base sat nav updated too as it is nicer in some ways. Although Waze is something I run all the time now just for emergency hazard on roads alerts and cops
Old 1 Week Ago
CrawlerStar

Liked 367 Times in 192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijith555 View Post
That sounds great mate just wanted to ask, did they contact you and get it all organized or you contacted them for a date?

Also did not know there was a 2021 update to the Sat Nav system..I have carplay too but it would be nice to have the base sat nav updated too as it is nicer in some ways. Although Waze is something I run all the time now just for emergency hazard on roads alerts and cops
I checked up on the recall list and contacted them and as im the cars second owner they wouldn't have known my details.
Im getting the map update next week so ill report back!!
Old 1 Week Ago
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

I just rang FCA's customer service line and they said parts are now available so I should be able to just ring my closest Jeep dealership to have this scheduled. Will give them a ring and see. Atleast a few components might get swapped out for new which is beneficial on the long run.
Old 1 Week Ago
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

That was quicker than I expected - one of the local Jeep dealerships just got me booked in so quick to get the recall done. In fact I had to push back on the dates as I was busy. They said it is just a 1-day job if only the fuel pump is done but if they find any other components fuel related bad, they will swap those out but might require longer time. Does anyone know if they are using a different Bosch pump at replacement or the same one just new? I think they are CP4 and CP3 if I am not wrong?

I am happy and worried at the same time thinking if my car would get stuck for more than a day - this thing is my daily beater lol

Last edited by vijith555; 1 Week Ago at 04:23 PM.
Old 1 Week Ago
Rock Munki

Liked 1,330 Times in 766 Posts

The pumps in them from the factory are Bosch CP4.
Perhaps genpk can enlighten us with just what is performed at the recall ????

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 1 Week Ago
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

So apparently it is the same model of pump being replaced, but stronger or redesigned to work better I guess. Hoping mine hasn't started to leak any metal bits throughout the fuel system and they only need to replace the pump which would be done in a day.

Interesting read about the redesigned Bosch pump promising all these benefits

https://expressdieselusa.com/blogs/f...sure-fuel-pump