What did you do to your Grand today (ZJ/WJ)? - Page 175 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 991 Times in 632 Posts

Changed my trans fluid and filters today, easy enough job, only a small bit of fluid on driveway, I did however end up with my head in a pool of it that was on the cardboard I had down.
Drives and shifts nice now though 👍 Engine oil tomorrow

Sent from under my Grand Cherokee
Old 02-10-2017
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 231 Times in 188 Posts

Same with my transmission, now with the fluid change, converter lock-up is nicer.
During the weekend I changed the overhead console lights, engine oil and changed the oil pump, as this summer I found 2 pieces of metal lodged in the oil cooler input, which means they travelled through the pump. Knowing that, I still went on a 5000km trip across Europe, as I did not have access to a replacement oil pump at that point.

Metal pieces which travelled through the pump:

First end plate:

Only damaged pump gear:

Messed up housing for that pump gear:
Old 02-10-2017
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 273 Times in 220 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grippy View Post
Changed my trans fluid and filters today, easy enough job, only a small bit of fluid on driveway, I did however end up with my head in a pool of it that was on the cardboard I had down.
Drives and shifts nice now though [emoji106] Engine oil tomorrow

Sent from under my Grand Cherokee
Use kitty litter to clean up the whoopsies on the driveway, the quicker the better.
Old 02-10-2017
Established Member

Liked 35 Times in 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straubz View Post
Finally got my diff straightened and some strengthening done with a new cover.
Amy chance of reuploading this pic mate? Ill be doing mine this week or next....👍🏼
Old 03-10-2017
CrawlerStar

Liked 132 Times in 89 Posts

strange that the pic isn't working since its from google photos

Its got angle on top, bottom and at the back, also some bracing on the top Cs, might do some more at some point, but i also plan to put the bump stops in the springs so the stress is further out on the diff if i hit them.

Last edited by Straubz; 03-10-2017 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-10-2017
Established Member

Liked 35 Times in 31 Posts

Thanks mate👍🏼
Old 21-10-2017
Full Flexer

Liked 161 Times in 131 Posts

Well, after my water pump weeping coolant over the past few weeks I finally got around to fitting a new one, as well as a new clutch and in an attempt to upgrade the cooling abilities, a Flex-a-Lite 5919 fan. It all works well, the fan moves enormous amounts of air compared to the OEM fan so I’m pretty happy. Waiting for a hot day to see what happens now, I couldn’t even get the motor to warm up enough to get to the normal operating temp let alone go higher today due to the cool damp conditions.
Post New Thread  Reply