Anyone find a bullbar to fit late model Summit and Limited-S? - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 14-06-2022
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 128 Times in 76 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Question Anyone find a bullbar to fit late model Summit and Limited-S?

As per the title.

Growing tired of parking sensors and adaptive cruise control not working. I have the Chief lower front guard fitted, hidden winch mount and nudge bar fitted. I went down this path as I wanted to save weight with GCM in mind, while these products are good, I don't seem to get along with them at all.

I did a GCM weigh in the other day and found I have 900kg to play with with my camper almost fully loaded incl full tanks and the Jeep fully loaded with tank full too, oh and I have over 100kg on GVM with my current setup fully loaded. (our version of fully loaded - fridge, wifee, me and the back loaded with sh!t.)

I think I can afford the 20 or so kgs the bulbar will weigh over my Chief setup.

Also keeping in mind we have dodged so many roo's and emu's of late, I have officially been given the go ahead by SWMBO to pull the trigger on a bullbar.

Now the problem I have is it seems no-one makes them for the late model Summit and Limited-s owing to the "aero" front bumper.

Anyone managed to get one to fit.

I eagerly await your responses.
Old 14-06-2022

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts

Chief have just released a new bar that looks the goods and works with factory sensors.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
Old 14-06-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 671 Times in 377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwjunkie View Post
Chief have just released a new bar that looks the goods and works with factory sensors.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
I’m not sure the Chief bar works directly w/ the factory sensors as they’ve added this additional product in the last couple of days. My understanding was all front parking sensors were termed Park Sense, so not sure what Chief’s mention of ‘advanced’ is.

https://www.chiefproducts.com.au/pro...ing-sensor-kit

In the promo images it also looks like there are stickers over the sensors to deactivate them. Maybe the standard approach is deactivated sensors, or you can pay more for the relocated sensors and actually have them active. Looking forward to sussing it all once Chief’s supporting materials are all released.

Last edited by LeCheese; 14-06-2022 at 09:22 PM.
Old 14-06-2022
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 128 Times in 76 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Looks like the sensors are relocated. As my artistic skills show
in brilliant fashion [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 15-06-2022
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,929 Times in 2,319 Posts

It wouldn't be much chop against a Skippy just a skirt to stop the plastic getting scratched...... Whats the thing with the bumper on these "Summit" models as it usually gets chopped out anyway or is something behind it that stops the mounting of a bar ?

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 15-06-2022 at 06:40 AM.
Old 15-06-2022
Full Flexer

Liked 671 Times in 377 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drover View Post
It wouldn't be much chop against a Skippy just a skirt to stop the plastic getting scratched...... Whats the thing with the bumper on these "Summit" models as it usually gets chopped out anyway or is something behind it that stops the mounting of a bar ?
No differences other than the bumper as far as I’m aware - my understanding is that it just requires a different template that not everyone is keen to make, as the cuts can land in less-than-ideal spots on the bumper. The other thing is that the Summit etc. has wider arch flares that can alter fitment.

Old 15-06-2022
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,929 Times in 2,319 Posts

So a bit dicey for a workshop to do as could get complaints I suppose, where a DiY with some care and time could probably get a good result, I can understand a workshops hesitation........
My son from down south has just let me know he will be coming up for a visit, to show me his X Class and do some fishing maybe, "Oh by the way Dad I'm getting this bull bar on Brissie, save a heap on Canberra price " ............... I think he hopes it will be on the front for the trip home and not in the tray....... I told him I haven't jig sawed a bumper for years.......... I will sit on bench and direct the show I think.... I hope they have plastic bumpers and not those plastic fibreglass mat type jobs.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.
Post New Thread  Reply