Flywheel - Page 4 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-03-2018
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

You may find your starter motor was not fully engaging ,or Bendix teeth worn was the root cause of the problem .Bad leads , or battery on it's way out can also cause "lazy" starter motor not to fully engage causing tooth damage . I've owned 3 WJ's 2.7 and 2 of them required new starter motors -if you need parts I am negotiable as I have a almost complete 2.7 engine in my shed.
Old 07-03-2018
Senior Newbie

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Hi ALMC3, well I do need a flywheel, and also 1 of those plastic things that fit in the top of the injectors. Actually, in regards to the starter, I did have a bad one and also the battery was not holding a charge. What you say about the starter not fully engaging makes sense as the teeth on the flywheel are ground away from one side to about the middle. So how much for the parts that I have mentioned.
Thanks,
Rob
Old 07-03-2018
Senior Newbie

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Hi Adrian,
Could you let me know how much it would cost.
Thanks Rob
Old 07-03-2018
Jedi Master

Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Hi Rob,

No joy here unfortunately, sorry mate. At least you have a couple of options with almc3 and Adrian. All the best

“I've been into to see my mechanic & check my spare supplies but unfortunately I don't have any ring gear in good condition.

I do have an old one that i replaced last year but it has a few chunks out of it, which is why i replaced it.

The other option available to him if its not too badly damaged is to take it to a good machine shop & simply have the ring gear reversed. They're only held on by a couple of small welds.”

I do however have 2 spare 4.7 flywheels

Last edited by Tyvokka; 07-03-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-03-2018
Senior Newbie

Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I will offer you the flywheel and injector cap for $150 plus freight . As you may know a Genuine fly wheel is $900 , and the other ones you got a link sent thru to are $US230 and probably close on the same for air freight/taxes . I got a starter motor and heavy duty positive/neg leads to starter motor also available . Check out the one in Germany first if you want but air freight can be expensive . I have almost a complete 2.7 engine -great for anyone looking for a short block - head cracked but rest is in good condition.
Old 08-03-2018
Senior Newbie

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Hi almc3, thanks kindly for that. Please pm me the cost including leads and freight and how you would like to do this.
Another alternative, is there anything you would like to swap, amplifiers, driving lights, new truck spares. let me know.
Rob
Old 10-03-2018
Senior Newbie

Liked 5 Times in 2 Posts

Hi almc3, Just wondering if you got my message. I will take the flywheel and injector part as well as the leads. Let me know the cost and how you want to do this.
Cheers,
Rob
Post New Thread  Reply