Compliance Plate:- Tare GVM & GCM 2.8ltr - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KJ Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep New Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 19-03-2010
Greying Nomad

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoliver
Jeep specify 5000lbs as the max. towing weight. This equates to your 2270Kg. Iwouldn't go over that as insurance companies could use that as an 'out'!!
It would be a bit difficult for any insurance company to complain when the 2800kg towing capacity is clearly marked on the genuine Mopar hitch.

Don,t forget that the towing capacity of the 3.7 is significantly less than the 2.8CRD. The 2270kg refers to the 3.7.

Old 19-03-2010
Greying Nomad

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

2.4 petrol
Kerb Weight (kg)1747
Tare Mass (kg)1771
Gross Combination Mass (kg)3259
Gross Vehicle Mass (kg)2359
Pay Load (kg)612
Towing Braked (kg)900
Towing Not Braked (kg)750

3.7 petrol
Kerb Weight (kg) 2018
Tare Mass (kg) 1866
Gross Combination Mass (kg) 4808
Gross Vehicle Mass (kg) 2540
Pay Load (kg) 522
Towing Braked (kg) 2268
Towing Not Braked (kg) 750

2.5 CRD
Kerb Weight (kg) 1891
Gross Combination Mass (kg) 5202
Gross Vehicle Mass (kg) 2517
Pay Load (kg) 626
Towing Braked (kg) 2685
Towing Not Braked (kg) 600

2.8 CRD
Kerb Weight (kg) 1962
Tare Mass (kg) 1956
Gross Combination Mass (kg) 5320
Gross Vehicle Mass (kg) 2520
Pay Load (kg) 558
Towing Braked (kg) 2800
Towing Not Braked (kg) 750

All from the Red Book. I have no idea why the unbraked towing capacity of the 2.5CRD should be listed as 600kg rather than 750kg.
Old 19-03-2010
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

All sorted. Registration at Vic Roads went with out a hitch... but I had to grin and bear it when the $1400+ for transfer fees rego TACS ect....

Hate to be paying for transferring/registration of a 'luxury' car!!! But then I couldn't be happier than with our 'new' KJ Jeep... it's a winner

Thanks again to everyone that gave advice through sourcing all the numbers ect.that I needed and where to locate them ...ect. Your patience with this new owner will probably be tested again 100,000k service coming up Even though I've done lots of reading here... there is always a question or two that you don't seem to find the answer to.

This forum is a great platform made up of great people prepared to share their knowledge and time...in the pursuit of enjoyment of our special vehicles & I am very thankful for that.

Cheers,
Elle
Old 20-03-2010
Rubicon MOABs

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeliner View Post

Photo courtesy of Palla
Old 21-03-2010
Greying Nomad

Liked 8 Times in 6 Posts

Sorry mate, should have acknowledged the copyright!
Old 21-03-2010
Rubicon MOABs

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Hehe, thought that patio table looked familiar, no probs mate.
Old 21-10-2017
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: KJ
Liked 17 Times in 15 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

I've been chasing info on weights etc for my 06 CRD/auto over the last couple of months or more.
So far I've got the following from different sources, see here.