Turbo Return Coolant Hose. - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > WK WK2 Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 21-02-2023
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 844 Times in 472 Posts

If you are doing the dreaded turbo hose in the valley I would fill up the coolant system and pressurise for leaks!Before putting manifold,etc back on!

Last edited by bjm; 21-02-2023 at 02:41 PM.
Old 23-02-2023
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 132 Times in 82 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Mousie, sorry for not getting back to you, I have had computer problems. You do have to tackle the return hose from the top/passenger's side. The pipe going towards the driver's side is a separate one attached to bracket with 2 little 8mm bolts and some sort of "sensor" with a wire coming from it, that sits above the return hose.You can only move this fractionally but it helps getting access to the hose clips. Once the clips are slid from the hose ends, the little hose comes out very easily.
I still haven't fired up the engine,( had a few things on) and I decided it would be easier the fill it up with plain water , run it up to temp to flush it out, then drain it out and do the "Z"hose. Then I will refill it with the correct new longlife coolant.
The only "engine" hose then not replaced will be the the one to the EGR cooler. I don't think this is a problem one as far as I know.......I hope!
John.

Last edited by johnnywal; 24-02-2023 at 07:15 AM.
Old 24-02-2023
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Fired the old girl up this morning ie.the Jeep, and all went well, 10 seconds cranking to pump the fuel through the rails and it settled down to a steady idle.....phew! With a smile on my face I went about bleeding the coolant, all good; I then ran it for 15 minutes to get it up to temp and flush the heater out etc.
Now let it cool and tackle the "z" hose.
Old 24-02-2023
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,321 Times in 761 Posts

Total admiration johnnywal

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 24-02-2023
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Put her on the stands to tackle the Z hose from underneath and while looking around the front suspension noticed that the right front shock has oil leaking from it, buggar! I am not going to tackle that myself not having a spring compressor etc, so what are the thought out there, Peddars or other recommendations and what brand at a price within reason, I am not an off-roader.
I will try to look back to see what others have done but I would be interested in any suggestions.
There is always something to keep me off the streets!
Haven't started the z hose yet, 35deg today..........too hot to be wrestling with things......there's always tomorrow!
Old 24-02-2023
Rock Munki

What Jeep do I drive?: WK
Liked 1,321 Times in 761 Posts

Johnny...avoid Pedders like the plague....find a 4WD Suspension shop....the common brands of Dobinsons, Bilstein, OME etc etc etc will have what your chasing...upside to a decent 4WD Shop is they can do a 4x wheel alignment at the same time...bloody cars !

Only dumb people think their smart...rest of us learn everyday
Old 25-02-2023
MonsterMoose

Liked 3,942 Times in 2,327 Posts

If one goes you really need to replace the lot so everything balances, ideally but that would end up being about $2 - 2.5K, first off I would measure form the centre of the front hub to the bottom of the guard, both sides, the base line is 490mm, of course thats new on the wharf, I reckon if its under 460mm replace them, shocks and springs...
Problem is if you want to go OE then its going to cost you probably more than after market and really a bit of lift isn't that bad but replacing front and rear is a must ...
I don't do any off road stuff nowadays just dirt roads but my lift has improved the whole vehicle in ride and handling...I went Ironman, cost and I could keep the Nivomat rear shocks using a spacer and just replacing the springs but my other choice would be Blue Max, Donaldson or OME ... Can't fault the Ironman service as I had a dodgy set of springs and replaced them instantly.... and as someone on here recently found getting a bog standard shock is not easy but a costly item from US.

The best thing I found about the Ironman front struts was they are in 2 pieces, cut the yoke of the original strut and the 2 bits of the Ironman strut screw together, meaning you don't have to pull the axle/hub and its underlying problems with the stupid hub nut.... If you DiY you get the strut built before delivery, you would never do it yourself unless with a HD spring compressor or 10 ton press.... been there.

Keeping the cost down I would go to a steering shop, I like places that do Fulcrum gear myself, found the BLue Max shocks from SSA to be very good stuff as keeping the OE springs if they haven't sagged too much and just replacing the shocks might be possible..... https://ssa.com.au/ but use a suspension shop not a dealer.

Your Never Too Old To Learn Something Stupid.

Last edited by drover; 25-02-2023 at 05:35 AM.
Post New Thread  Reply