WH replacement radiator - options? - Page 2 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 27-03-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WH
Liked 24 Times in 18 Posts

My WH doesn’t have a problem yet but it’s got 300,000 k,s now

I have noticed that Paul from CJD has been replacing quite a few of them lately and asked him if I should be thinking about a new one his answer was not until it starts leaking
I have also replaced all my coolant twice in the 5 years of ownership

As for the PWR unit what’s the cost in $

I had a custom radiator built for my Capri project from http://www.are.com.au/ and it was not cheap cant remember the cost it was few years ago and the book on expenditure for that car is at the builders place but its probably the best radiator I have ever had and considering I spent $12,000 on the Capri engine I didn’t want it overheating in trafic or when I race it

I might be able to get my hands on a leaking radiator for PWR to copy if that helps
Old 27-03-2016
Established Member

Liked 26 Times in 25 Posts

Aussie desert cooler do one? No matter what company you go through, I would not expect much change out of $600.
Old 28-03-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 60 Times in 52 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloke View Post
Aussie desert cooler do one? No matter what company you go through, I would not expect much change out of $600.
Do you know if it's made by aussie, because they do resell other brand radiators as well, i have always used them norm made me a massive one for my xd falcon which had a big block many years ago which i had trouble keeping cool, from memory it was $700, if its made in house i can say it will be good don't worry about that.
Old 28-03-2016
CrawlerStar

$600 to $700 sounds reasonable if it is a direct fit with no modifications ?

The genuine radiator is over a grand and the one I had made for the Capri was in the well over the 2 grand mark it did have a shroud and spal fan added something not needed if they are direct fit

Keep us advised as to what where and how the WH jeeps are getting older so any improved direct fit parts will be well accepted by other owners I would think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 30-03-2016
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 37 Times in 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07commander View Post
Do you know if it's made by aussie, because they do resell other brand radiators as well, i have always used them norm made me a massive one for my xd falcon which had a big block many years ago which i had trouble keeping cool, from memory it was $700, if its made in house i can say it will be good don't worry about that.
So lets just say that these are the kinds of numbers i was expecting, but they want allot more
Old 30-03-2016
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: XH
Liked 60 Times in 52 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARB87U View Post
So lets just say that these are the kinds of numbers i was expecting, but they want allot more
what sort of price are they asking then...
Old 06-04-2016
CrawlerStar

New non genuine radiators are $750au petrol diesel is a $1.000au

They all come with plastic tanks not a good thing if they are a few years old and if you decide to go off-road the torsional twisting not a good recipe

I watched Paul from CJD mechanical replace 4 or 5 in the last 4 weeks

I even asked him if I should start looking at replacing mine he said because I change coolant biyearly regardless of mileage its going to hold up better than old unmaintained radiators as when these modern coolants break down they break down the polymers in the plastic tanks

Something I have personally known for years with plastic tanks does not matter who or what car or brand once they get around ten years old they are a future problem

So an alloy replacement for similar or even a slight bit more money is still a viable option in my books especially if you need a new one I’ll be up for one sooner than later I expect
Post New Thread  Reply