WJ: Siggers - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > Jeep build up
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-01-2015
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: WJ
Liked 18 Times in 13 Posts
Default WJ: Siggers

Ok, so I thought, with the bits and bobs I have finally gotten around to do, I might put them somewhere, and here is as good of place as any.

Future mods:

Rear lighting
TJ folding fuel door
Rear tire carrier
Superior Lift (still considering long arm)
Duel Battery
Rear Fridge + Slider
Winch
Tossing up about 33's

Current Mods:

First mod I did to the old girl wasn't really a mod it was a tranny swap, a day after I bought it had the the tranny blow on me, so that was a nice set back, while I was under it, I extended the tranny breather up, but I did apply the durango shift kit and line pressure mod, which has increased the shifting significantly I think, plus I also have the torque management wire placed on a switch, and let me tell you, that makes a huge difference, the car lunges forward now between shifts, where before it was just a normal solid shift.

I then put in a budget boost, as the springs were quite sagged, and knew that when I had it loaded it would be sitting on the bumps, this was allot simpler than I had read from some people, plus some cheap OZTEC shocks.
I ended up lifting front then rear and letting the axel hang after I removed a shock, a little prying was needed to get the spring back in after I had the spacer in, but all up a few hours of labor and it was back together, still tossing up about the Long arm kit, a do like a nice comfortable ride, and I think the long arm kit will give me that, but I am unsure on insurance and legality of it, which may end up making the decision for me.

The next item was the radio, dropped in a Sony single din MP3 bluetooth headunit, purchased the connections online, and they sent a nissan one, great, so I made my own loom for it without damaging the factory one, I plan on extending the mic (for the phone) from the unit as its behind the facia (what were they thinking) and putting it up the top of the pillar. I thought the pocket in the outer facia (under the radio) would come in more handy when I purchased it, but so far its been just collecting dust. I went to auto barn to get me a set of 6x9 splits, and they didn't have any, however I am still waiting (9 months later) for the call on when the rep will bring some in, guess he won't, so I think I'll pick up a set of Kicker 6x9's sometime in the future online somewhere. My tweeters were blown to smithers, so I put in my old factory ford territory tweeters as a temp job to at least listen to tunes for the time being, as I upgraded my territory with some speakers a while ago and still had them sitting there.

I put a set of stock TJ wrangler shoes on her (tires only), picked all 5 up for $200 with about 80% tred on them, 245 75 17, fit perfectly, a few people have said they look mean, other say they look way to big... I think they are great for $200!

I bought a roof tray on special from supercheap a while back, thought it was a steal for $120, until repco had the same one for $60 a month or so later, so I got one of those as well, and bolted them together, well that was annoying so I cut them up and welded them together, pic is pretty dodgy, Ill have to clean it again and repaint it by the looks of it, had to get it on before we went away, so the painting stage was sort of that will do get it on.

I tried putting a deep cycle battery in a couple of weeks back I picked up for $130 95ah, 680CCA, but couldn't even fit where the stock battery went, so I took it back, looks like either duel optimas or squeezing another where the air box is (like the diesels). I have all the cabling done for duels with the powertech 140a duel battery system onboard (Jaycar for $71), and while I was away (just had a battery strapped in, it worked great with a waeco onboard.

I also put a battery meter on the dash, and have a matching set coming which are slightly larger than the one fitted at the moment, so I can monitor both batteries right at the dash!

And the last but not least which sums of the current set of mods is shovel carrier and front tow hooks. I put some angle on each rail, and drilled appropriate holes where they were in the chassis rail, then cut a piece of box bar between the two pieces of angle, then will be putting two receiver hitches into that bar for front recovery goodness, this bar will then serve to accommodate the winch I plan on putting inside the ally front bar. I haven't gotten it together just yet, but plan on having it at least bolted together by the end of the week (hopefully).

No Problem
˙˙˙ɯǝlqoɹd
Old 25-06-2015
Established Member

Liked 30 Times in 22 Posts

nice car. be interested to see your front recovery hooks when done
Old 25-06-2015
Jedi Master

Liked 919 Times in 625 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Nice build mate, keep 'em coming. I'd like to do the torque management switch too. Is that the same as the trans snip? I read that a while ago but have heaps on the table right now.

Have to say that the sausage makers aren't my fav though..
Old 13-09-2015
CrawlerStar

Been "off the chain" busy lately, not much has happened at this stage, the snip was super easy, I think it is the same, basically just makes those changes sharp, chirps the tires going into second.

No Problem
˙˙˙ɯǝlqoɹd
Old 01-11-2015
CrawlerStar

Small update.

Finished my shovel holder, I'll throw some pics up soon, haven't had any issues with it, been on there now for about 3 weeks.

Started my rear tire carrier, little harder getting the hinge right in terms of height and position, as you can see I had to bend in my main support to get it to tuck in correctly, as it hits the corner of the bumper, even with the corner cut off and the bend in, it still touches, will need some further weeks before the bumper will fit right on.

I also originally wanted the hinge to be in front of the tail light, however it just wouldn't work as the bumper would never of fit on, I wanted to do it that way for the neatness of not having to hack up the bumper.

Ran out of welding wire, so sorta stopped here for a bit, I'm using gassless welding wire which causes allot of spatter as I'm also out of gas haha, now I'm out of both!

No Problem
˙˙˙ɯǝlqoɹd
Post New Thread  Reply