Where to find a 2004 GC Limited or Overland CRD - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 31-10-2021
Back again

What Jeep do I drive?: WG
Liked 59 Times in 50 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Cool Where to find a 2004 GC Limited or Overland CRD

Hi guys,

It has been a while since i have been on the forum since getting rid of my WH GC.

I'm coming back to Jeep now and looking for what I originally wanted which is a 2004 Grand Cherokee Limited, or preferably Overland, CRD with Quadra Drive.

Have I missed my chance? Looking around they seem to be as rare as hens teeth in Vic, or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Plan is to sell my Ford Everest and then move to the GC. The Everest is nice, but I really don't need a 50 grand car, and I have always had a soft spot for the WG.

Anyway, the experience on this forum was fantastic assistance when I had the WH, so just thought I would say thanks in advance to all of you guys for sharing your knowledge.

Cheers, Rob.

Last edited by RTB; 01-11-2021 at 07:20 AM.
Old 01-11-2021
Senior Newbie

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

I think you'll find they're still around but you might have to travel to get one

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Old 01-11-2021
Back again

Check out my Ride(s)

Hi Steelo2525,

Glad to hear they are still around. I have been checking carsales, ebay, gumtree, auctions, the classifieds on Ausjeep. I saw a perfect one years ago, but didn't jump on it. Guess I will need to learn to be patient.

All good, that will just give me more time to sell my car and read all the threads here again. Heaps of info here which is awesome. Thanks to all. I need to find the threads with details on how many k's on a CRD is too many. It is probably a "how long is a piece of string" question, but I bet it is here. Still looking through all the recommended mods and stuff for now.

Yeah, the travel thing is a bit of a pain right now. Guess it might just need to be a sight unseen purchase.

Cheers, Rob.
Old 01-11-2021
Senior Newbie

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Don't know if I'd go the sight unseen way with older diesels, unless you get a local area mechanic/ RACV eg to check it over.

Old 01-11-2021
Back again

Check out my Ride(s)

Yeah, it would want to be well priced. Would definitely get someone to check it over for me if i had to go that way.

Most of the threads here for advise on buying the CRD are from years ago. I guess they are just so old now that people have stopped asking. Seen a few comments saying for an older vehicle the 4.7 is the way to go as the CRD could get expensive. I've been driving diesels for years now and can't see myself going back to petrol anytime soon.

I might just need to prepare myself for an engine rebuild. Need to find how long the gearboxes last for too. So much reading to do.

Cheers, Rob.
Old 01-11-2021
Senior Newbie

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Well this is the place to read up, there's also the WJ Australia sites on FB (there's a lot) but you also get all the crap/crazy stuff that comes with FB LOL

Old 01-11-2021
Back again

Check out my Ride(s)

I think I am one of the last people on earth who doesn't have an FB account. Never have, and hopefully never will.
Post New Thread  Reply