What do We Want? - Page 3 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > KL Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2016
I just registered

What Jeep do I drive?: KL
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailfirst View Post
The console and center panel arrangement being slightly offset the wrong way is freaky to observe once you're aware of it - but I had totally not noticed it until it was pointed out...
Ummm... sorry...! I think that might have been me.

The absent footrest I notice most when driving in boots that have a slight heel and/or work shoes with leather soles. Without a footrest, the former causes the front of your ankle to over-extend and puts pressure through the heel of your foot. The latter means my foot slides around the floor whenever I go round the slightest corner! In thongs or sneakers, though, I don't tend to notice it much.

As for the indicator being on the left side of the steering column... argh! One of my biggest pet peeves. I haven't ever made the mistake of hitting the wipers, but it doesn't mean I have to like it!
Old 01-02-2016

Liked 151 Times in 92 Posts

Another one: powered front passenger seat. The under seat storage is handy, but I'd much prefer the passenger seat had the same comfort/adjustability of the drivers seat.
Old 11-02-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Jeeper View Post
Indicator stalk like that is not specific to Jeep KL, all Jeeps are like that. In fact a lot of European RHDs are like that too, eg BMWs.
Indeed... I think most natively LHD vehicle manufacturers offer RHD drive version with the whole column jumped across so the stalks are then wrong - ie. lazy conversion. Most of us prolly first struck it in Beetles and Combys. As I say, I manage ok with it - but my wife freaked me out for a while when we first got the TH because she insisted on still using her RIGHT hand to operate the indicators...

edit: that was my wife's RIGHT hand she was using - reaching across the wheel and her left arm - scary!!

Last edited by Trailfirst; 28-06-2016 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-02-2016
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 116 Times in 94 Posts

Have you noticed where the brake master and steering rack is on RHD KLs?
Old 11-02-2016
MonsterMoose

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 809 Times in 466 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

LOL. First time I looked up under the dash it took me a few seconds to work out what the thick bar right across was!

As for the dash, looking at the LHD models Inthink the centre dash controls and radio is off tje other way. The instrument cluster seems too wide to have the Uconnect in the middle!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2010 JK, then a 2015 KL Trailhawk, now a 2017 GC Trailhawk!

Over 5000 Club
Old 14-04-2016
I just registered

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Definitely that footrest! Cannot for the life of me see why we cannot even get one as an accessory from somewhere!
Old 25-04-2016
Established Member

What Jeep do I drive?: None
Liked 38 Times in 26 Posts

Yeah - I've had to drive the KL with my work boots on several times in the last couple of weeks and it's a real pain not havin the footrest.

Also it's been annoying to discover you cant have internal instruments and controls illuminated without headlights on... Very wierd (or am I missing something and there is some obvious way to have the lighting work as per the usual "park lights" position??).
Post New Thread  Reply