WH GC Alarm System Playing Up - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2022
CrawlerStar

Liked 58 Times in 41 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)
Default WH GC Alarm System Playing Up

Have had some strange goings on with my alarm system the last couple of days.

With all the heavy rain last week, I had some water in the passenger footwell, turned out to be the door drains, but that's another story.

So yesterday after wet vacuuming most of it out I left the windows down about an inch with it sitting in the sun to hopefully dry out a little more.

About half an hour later the alarm starts going off. Lights flashing and the siren sounding but not at consistent volume, sometimes quieter sometimes louder. Anyway so I unlocked and relocked it and left it, maybe 15mins later same again. So I put the windows up and was fine for rest of day and overnight.

Today again this afternoon after driving it this morning, I left it in the sun again with the windows about 10cm down. After about an hour again the alarm started going off. But this time sometimes it was just the lights flashing, other times the siren was faint. Even after closing the windows it still kept going off. Once it started it would continually go off after only a few minutes after being locked. Eventually I opened and closed every door including the tailgate and all windows and started and stopped the engine and it seems to have stopped now.

Anyone had any experience with this?

When I bought this a few weeks back there was a code: Intrusion B1A3C internal siren battery.
I'm going to reset and check codes again tomorrow, maybe this is part of it?
Old 09-07-2022
LokRinger

Liked 1,757 Times in 557 Posts

I haven't had that problem but let us know what you find out.

My web site:
http://willyshotrod.com Over 5'000 Club
Old 14-07-2022
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

What a bloody pain this is...

Working on the car most of Tuesday afternoon then went to finish up, locked her up and 5mins later the indicators start flashing. Unlocked/relocked now the siren starts wailing.
After about 15mins frigging around finally stopped after opening and closing all doors and starting stopping the engine.

Wednesday morning the neighbor across the road knocks on my door, indicators flashing again no siren. Spent nearly an hour frigging around trying to get it to stop. Finally decided to try disconnecting the battery for half an hour. Also sprayed a bit of inox in the bonnet sensor as it wasn't moving very freely. Since then it hasn't done it again (that I've noticed) so fingers crossed maybe it was the bonnet sensor.

But now since disconnecting the battery I had the engine check light on constantly that hasn't been on before!! Resetting the codes doesn't turn it off. So now I have to work through the codes again and try and figure out what's wrong now....

Think I should have stuck with a WJ
Old 15-07-2022
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Saga continues...

Didn't drive it at all yesterday, needed to go get some parts late morning today, went to open the car, not detecting the key fob. Had to unlock with the key, opened the door, alarm goes off, key in ignition to turn off the alarm.

20mins later at my first stop, key fob is working fine again.

Going to remove the siren under the horn behind the front bumper tomorrow and see if I can open it up to see if that's where the battery is. But I'm thinking the battery will be in the module up behind the steering column which looks to be a pita to get out.
Old 21-07-2022
Lowranger Shocker

What Jeep do I drive?: WK2
Liked 1,147 Times in 607 Posts

I had the alarm go off for no reason from time to time in my WH. I didn't even know it had an audible alarm until it went off one day for no reason...lol
I started locking it by key rather than with the Fob so the alarm didn't arm itself, that seemed to work as it didn't do it again after that.

One day the thing even went off in the servo driveway while I was in paying for the fuel...it wasn't locked or armed!

Locking and unlocking from inside the servo shut it up again...go figure
Old 31-07-2022
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

(big touch wood) it's been 2 weeks since I disconnected the battery and inoxed the bonnet sensor, and hasn't played up since. Still getting the B1A3C code though, still on my list to look at one day.

Not sure if the battery disconnect or the bonnet sensor fixed it.
Thinking I might add inoxing all the sensors to my list though lol....
Old 17-08-2022
CrawlerStar

Check out my Ride(s)

Well it's started again!!

Got home this afternoon and 5mins later my neighbor comes across to let me know the indicators are flashing... no alarm siren just flashing indicators...

Unlock it, open and close all the doors, lock it up again.

An hour later the alarm siren starts sounding but very faintly, not enough to hear it unless you're close to the car, and no flashing lights, just a very faint pissy siren noise from the front... Sounds like a siren would sound if the battery was dead flat.

Fuck these cars have so many fucking problems, should have stuck with the WJ!

Last edited by Shane001; 17-08-2022 at 05:56 PM.
Post New Thread  Reply