What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views - Page 1252 - AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

Go Back   AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand > JEEP GARAGE > JK Wrangler Australia
Register Forums Trading Your Jeep My Garage Mark All Read

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-11-2014
CrawlerStar

What Jeep do I drive?: JK
Liked 112 Times in 63 Posts
Check out my Ride(s)

Ram mounts arrived this morning:

With the extra extensions it's not as secure as i'd like. On road trips i'd run both extenders, off road- just one. Suction cups look like they'd take the glass with them before falling off.

2008 Black JKU - Uneek4x4 Bars & Sliders, AEV 2.5", 295/70 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Method NV 305's.
Old 10-11-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Finished up my 430 install and added a flush mount rearview camera (also some flush mount LEDs for extra reverse lights)- need to have it enabled are the dealer now
Old 10-11-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjvines View Post
Finished up my 430 install and added a flush mount rearview camera (also some flush mount LEDs for extra reverse lights)- need to have it enabled are the dealer now
What LEDs did you use?

Pics man!?! Where's the pics!!!!
IPF 900xs
UHF
285/75x16 KM2s
Snorkel
Old 10-11-2014
CrawlerStar

Liked 32 Times in 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewinmanx View Post
What LEDs did you use?

Pics man!?! Where's the pics!!!!
Just got some cheapies off eBay, something like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-10W-L...item35dd7444ee
The LEDs are very bright for spots of light but have no penetration
Pics are kind of hard with shity cam but one attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0770.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	69876  

Last edited by rjvines; 10-11-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Old 10-11-2014
Senior Newbie

Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts

Bought a WARN XD9000 winch off a 2 way radio programmer for $375 out in Nambour this weekend. These winches are good gear if you service them right!
As you can see below, full of cruddy old grease. So washed off all the planetry gears, no rust inside the shell, and then regreased with good hi temp stuff and sprayed some inox in there.

The cable was a b*tch to get off because the rails had been welded on and the person that spooled it previously did it like a drongo, but i managed to get it free. The cable was in pretty damn good nick too, a lil bit of oxidisation, but it has life in it for sure.

Slotted it into the bumper pretty well, only problem was I had to relocate the vacuum pump and face it toward the sky. probably not a good idea, but will have to do for the moment.

Wired it all up and for a few hours work I now have a $1200 winch for $375 not including the grease and a couple sprays of Inox. Bloody cheering!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1083.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	69877   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7997.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	69878  
Old 10-11-2014
Lowranger Shocker

Liked 584 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beard View Post
Ram mounts arrived this morning:

With the extra extensions it's not as secure as i'd like. On road trips i'd run both extenders, off road- just one. Suction cups look like they'd take the glass with them before falling off.
I really like Ram Mounts....tried a few cheaper mounts for my wif'e's iPhone in her car...never lasted more than a year or two.....Bought a Ram Mount...awesome piece of gear, really well made and super solid.
Old 10-11-2014
Full Flexer

Liked 172 Times in 124 Posts

Thanks V8 that is the one I found also. The only way I can see a 70 litre fit is if the muffler is removed.
Cheers
Post New Thread  Reply